All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
WHY IS MY IBS GETING WORSE
      #365503 - 07/13/11 11:16 AM
ibsholly

Reged: 11/09/10

just dont get why the more i try worse it gets i folow diet so strong take vitamins probiotics peppermint before food have tons fennel tea and am still so bloated consaption up dont belly bubbleing so down with this ibs

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: WHY IS MY IBS GETING WORSE new
      #365504 - 07/13/11 12:29 PM
Thai

Reged: 10/04/09

This is just venting, right?
Cuz you sure know that this is simply the way things are with IBS.
So many things can cause a flare.
You'll get thru it.
Eat the break the cycle diet for a bit, get enough rest, relax...you know the drill.
Hopefully tomorrow will be better for you.

--------------------
IBS-D

#365505 - 07/13/11 12:33 PM
ibsholly

yes i no i will get there its just i hate it so much when bad i thank you for support

#365508 - 07/13/11 02:50 PM
Gerikat

Reged: 06/21/09

Maybe it isn't about the food. Following a diet and focusing on IBS all the time, just reenforces it. Why don't you hit it from another angle? Try the hypnosis cd's if you have the funds. After all, if what you are doing is not working, then you have to try something else.

Well, good luck!

#365509 - 07/13/11 03:25 PM
red2442

Reged: 12/22/10
Loc: Rhode Island

sorry to hear holly! but i def. feel your pain. sometimes i think the very worst part of IBS is how unpredictable it can be and having people understand that. good luck and hope you feel better soon! i just had a very bad attack myself and cried a bit, missed a few days of work but im back to sticking to the diet and just doing the best i can do. hang in there

#365519 - 07/13/11 10:08 PM
skh

Reged: 08/05/09

Quote:

Maybe it isn't about the food. Following a diet and focusing on IBS all the time, just reenforces it. Why don't you hit it from another angle? Try the hypnosis cd's if you have the funds. After all, if what you are doing is not working, then you have to try something else.

You sound alot like Julie, an old poster we used to have here. Well, good luck!

u are so condicending..i spelled that wrong but i hope u get the point...just sayin...

#365523 - 07/14/11 12:28 PM
ibsholly

thank you all for posting makes lots on sense i have hypno cd's i do them all the time

ps skh who is julie

been to see my gi today am haveing test done so hopefully i will get some were i am not going to focus on food just geting well

thank you

#365544 - 07/16/11 05:27 AM
Gerikat

Jeez, I reread my post. I didn't think it sounded condescending, and that certainly wasn't my intention. If I came off that way, then you have my apologies.

#365545 - 07/16/11 06:00 AM
capricorn1942

Reged: 10/06/03

For many of us (about 30%) hypnosis does not help at all. For others it only works somewhat and for a small number (apparently including you) it offers (close to) a cure. So please don't keep pushing your solution on us - especially when we are suffering. You sound something like when the doctors say "it's all in your head". Thanks.

Cheers.

--------------------
ibs-d (pseudo)with pain and bloating

#365546 - 07/16/11 06:31 AM
Gerikat

I am not pushing anything. I am simply trying to help. And, never, never, never, did I mean it's all in your head. I have suffered also. What I was trying to get across to others, obviously did not come across as I meant it.

So,since it seems I will continue to get beat up, (you know how it goes, one starts, and the others jump on the bandwagon), I will refrain from posting on the diet board. Even efter an apology, I can see others will jump on in to beat up Geri, and continue the thread.

I will limit my posts to the hypno and veggie boards, and try to keep you and skh and any others happy. I refuse to remain on the defensive, since I meant no harm.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2595 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 11584

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review