All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Tummy Fiber usage
      #363419 - 02/11/11 12:59 PM
Pryordog1

Reged: 02/06/11
Loc: Texas

I guess I bragged to soon. I have been taken the tummy fiber for a week now. I am starting on a very low dosage (1/4 teaspoon, 2 times a day). But, I have noticed a pattern. I have been alternating my breakfasts, GF and no sweeteners. Breakfast goes well. I'll have lunch around noon. About 2 hours later, I get very bad gas. Everyday like clock work. The only thing that seems to stop it, is when I eat dinner it goes away. Sometimes about 2 hours after dinner it will start again. I'm drinking lots of water, but getting afternoon gassy. Any ideas?

--------------------
IBS-C
Suffering since 2005.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Tummy Fiber usage new
      #363424 - 02/11/11 04:23 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

My main theory on afternoon gas and bloat is that the body wants to poo after meals. It has nothing to do with the acacia. It is just what the body does when you have IBS.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Re: Tummy Fiber usage new
      #363426 - 02/11/11 06:07 PM
Pryordog1

Reged: 02/06/11
Loc: Texas

I agree with you, that a normal body wants to poo after you eat. I am IBS-C, so mine doesn't and I was hoping the fiber would make a difference. Maybe I just need to give it more time. Tried Fennel tea today and no improvement. I'll keep trying to slowly increase the tummy fiber and hope I feel a difference. Thanks for the reply.

--------------------
IBS-C
Suffering since 2005.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 213 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1739

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review