All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
trouble leaving the btc diet
      #361038 - 09/20/10 02:25 PM
Dizzy

Reged: 03/04/07
Loc: university place washington

Hi everyone, I'm getting married in october so my stress leval is at absolute zenith, I have had d everytime I eat anything other then soluable fiber for the last month, I am normally ibs A so this is out of charactor. and I've lost a ton of weight (my wedding gown doesn't fit now!) anyway as an example I did the btc diet for three days then last night I had white rice and half a plain baked chicken breast, about thirty minutes later I had sever cramping and D, and felt nauceous after for about an hour. I have done soluble only all day today, but should I try chicken again for dinner? is my body just shocked by getting protein? what is the least shocking way of transitioning off the btc diet, which gives me nearly instant c? thanks in advance everyone, I'm really feeling awful and very limited right now

--------------------
ibc a but c predominent doing hypnotherapy and taking it one day at a time

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: trouble leaving the btc diet new
      #361078 - 09/24/10 06:08 AM
bermudakate

Reged: 11/06/07

sorry you are so uncomfortable. nearly every post on here i say the same thing, but here it goes again: ACACIA FIBER & IBS HYPNOSIS 100!!! winning combination. acacia takes a little while to stabilize but i think you will find it will help D in just a few days, and the hypnosis definitely helps reduce stress...just my opinion but you might want to try it. i feel better now than i have felt for 13 years..-kate

--------------------
stable IBS-A

#361079 - 09/24/10 06:30 AM
Thai

Reged: 10/04/09

Thing is we all have to find our OWN way with this.
Could be the very act of eating is what is setting you off and NOT what you are eating.
Unlike Kate....Acacia Fiber did nothing for me and I gave it 3 months trial.
So as you can see, what works for one does not always mean anything.
Probably the wrong place to say this but you might want to try Calcium Carbonate. It is an OTC supplement so no need for docs and Rx's. Side effect is constipation and many have found taking it with meals to be beneficial. You have to ramp it up or the bloating and nausea will only become worse. I can direct you to spot to learn more if this is an option you are interested in.

--------------------
IBS-D

#361108 - 09/25/10 05:09 PM
glasgowgirl

Reged: 09/01/08
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

You know getting married is right up there with death of a close relative in terms of stress levels. Good news is that I've heard many people say the stress just melts away once the big day arrives.

Since your symptoms appear to be stress and anxiety related then I would suggest tackling that before getting off of BTC. So the hypno CDS, yoga, exercise or a session with a CBT therapist should help. In practical terms you can look at the wedding prep you can see if anyone can help you with the burden like your MOH, FH or parents/inlaws.

Also when I'm in situations where I'm obsessing over details I ask myself if the world will end if things don't end up being exactly how I want them.

In terms of transitioning out of the BTC I think you were on the right track my the chicken and rice. However if your already anxious you can also be anxious about what your eating so that pushed you into a attack?

--------------------
Stable IBS D

#361114 - 09/26/10 07:58 AM
bermudakate

Reged: 11/06/07

of course, IBS is very individualized. i never said what works for me would work for everyone, just giving advice as to what works for me in the hopes it might help someone else, too. after all she is asking what helps for different people...

--------------------
stable IBS-A

#361126 - 09/26/10 03:45 PM
Thai

Reged: 10/04/09

And I never meant to insinuate that you were!

Sorry if I worded it wrong....

You gave her your advice and I gave her mine.
Hopefully she will find something that helps her.
Although I do have the feeling that it is primarily the stress of her wedding that is the prime source of her issues and that will in all likelihood not be resolved til the wedding is behind her.

Didn't mean to ruffle any feathers.

--------------------
IBS-D

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 870 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2355

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review