All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
might be negative but i have give up
      #356554 - 03/10/10 09:36 AM
julieb123

Reged: 07/19/07
Loc: uk liverpool

am so so sorry but thats it i dont no what am doing or were am going wrong i was carm happy and doing well and not now i consaption bad and bloated and nothing no stress caused it as far as i no
i have a football as a tummy and i just wish i new what food or milk was doing it

lat few days and when i was ok to same foots
breackfast rice creal and strawberrys and a kiwi peppermint tea
rice crakers and mango

tea homemade soup eg veg carrots sweed peas leek

supper 2 kiwis blueberrys and snack a jacks berrys flaver
few jellys harrbo

lots water and herble tea

--------------------
ibs c with trapped gas

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: might be negative but i have give up new
      #356555 - 03/10/10 09:45 AM

Unregistered

one of the foods you are eating could be upsetting you and you don't realize it. and maybe you are more calm but maybe you still need to practice some meditation or soak in a hot bath or listen to relaxation music. julie do u like music?

#356556 - 03/10/10 09:58 AM
julieb123

i do like music but find it hard to focuse on any think i have dont my cds 3 times aday and i just thought i was geting some were i think i will stop eating and drinking them am safe

--------------------
ibs c with trapped gas

#356557 - 03/10/10 10:05 AM

Unregistered

think and know this..u are alone in the comfort of your own home and you don't have to be anywhere most of the time and u can use the toilet in privacy and u don't have to go to work everyday at a certain time like I do..while u are listening to the relaxation music, relax and know that even though u feel uncomfortable it will ease some with relaxation or u feel so much better relaxed.

#356558 - 03/10/10 10:19 AM
julieb123

i no you work am am so sorry that you do have to get up and go but you no nothing about me i dont mean to sound nasty but you dont i have to get up and go out each day at 7am i have to help my dad all day my mother has alzhimers
thats far worse than work

--------------------
ibs c with trapped gas

#356559 - 03/10/10 10:31 AM

Unregistered

I'm sorry I didn't reallize. do u have an mp3 player u can take with u as u do all this? I bought an ipod touch and it is the best investment. just be as relaxed as u can,do u have to be out in public much? i find being in public and not feeling well is the wors. maybe u could try relaxing in a hot tube? not to be mean but my job is extremly stressful, and hard work and no matter how awful I feel I can't sit down and I have to hide everything from everyone I don't want to be like oh I'm bloated so bad it hurts or I have bowel problems I can't tell anyone about it and ppl ask whats wrong cuz it shows on my face and I still don't talk about it just say I'm tired or I don't feel like talking. I've had to turn down lots of invitations to party's and going to the movies with ppl and I can't tell them why I lie to them. god I can't even move right now an attack is coming on,I'm depressed and my room is a messy disaster I trip and can't find anything but..I really am sorry about your situation.

#356560 - 03/10/10 10:34 AM
Cyndy

Reged: 03/05/05

I know you have been told this numerous times, but I think it's worth repeating. You will never get over these GI problems until you work on, or recover from your anorexia. You aren't even eating enough to have a normal bowel movement. I guarentee you!

#356561 - 03/10/10 10:39 AM

Unregistered

julie don't stop eating your anorexia will become worse and so will your ibs and I think it will be too much stress on your body

#356563 - 03/10/10 11:00 AM
julieb123

i do have other bits to at times i just feel so big cos i bloat so bad and when i do go the loo i go
i cant cope i cant carry on am so so sorry
thank you for suppourt

--------------------
ibs c with trapped gas

#356564 - 03/10/10 11:24 AM
Syl

Reged: 03/13/05
Loc: SK, CANADA

Julie, are you still on a low excess fructose diet?

What are you eating for protein?

From the things you posted it does seem like you are getting enough food to stay healthy.

Have you called the help line and asked for advice?

--------------------
STABLE: ♂, IBS-D 50+ years - Science of IBS

The FODMAP Approach to Managing IBS Symptoms
Evidence-based Dietary Management of Functional GI Symptoms: The FODMAP Approach
FODMAP Chart & Cheatsheet
The Role of Food & Dietary Intervention in IBS

#356565 - 03/10/10 11:50 AM
julieb123

i have't called any one today i always have low fat and cal diet
i have tuna or samon lots just this week been on soup i was ok syl wish i was dead
i hate the feeling of being happy and then not
yes all low fruits berrys thats it and kiwis

--------------------
ibs c with trapped gas

#356566 - 03/10/10 12:07 PM
Syl

Sorry to hear you are not feeling well, however, negative thinking will not help much. On the other hand you seem to be having more positive than negative days that you were last year at this time. There has been some improvement.

Julie, I think I have told you this before. Mangoes are not a low excess fructose fruit like berries. They are a high excess fructose fruit and you probably should not be eating them on a low excess fructose diet. Please ask the help line people of mangoes are safe for you to eat.

Have nice evening

--------------------

Evidence-based Dietary Management of Functional GI Symptoms: The FODMAP Approach

#356567 - 03/10/10 12:16 PM
julieb123

i havent had a mango i eat berrys only syl
i feel so sick cramping pain am so sorry to bother you all
i think am stoping the soya milk from now on to

--------------------
ibs c with trapped gas

#356568 - 03/10/10 12:24 PM
Syl

Soy milk is known to cause problems for many people. It is a good idea to leave it out of your diet for the time being.

What confused me what in your original posting you said

"breackfast rice creal and strawberrys and a kiwi peppermint tea rice crakers and mango"

So it seemed like you were eating mangoes. Sorry for the confusion.

--------------------

#356569 - 03/10/10 12:32 PM
julieb123

no its my falt i did have mango about a week ago
what milk or no milk i have used rice milk onece and i was consaption bad
you dont think am in pain from rice crisps do you
i just want to be like other day happy
i did use water on creal it was a bit sick boring but might be only way

--------------------
ibs c with trapped gas

#356570 - 03/10/10 12:56 PM
Syl

Ah - ok.

What brand of rice crisps are you eating?

Here is what I have for breakfast. I make regular oatmeal - the kind you have to cook for 20 minutes. I add some berry juice to the water when I make it. When it is ready to eat I sprinkle on some brown sugar and slices of banana -- you could use berries. I eat just like that without any milk. It tastes great because it is already moist from cooking it in water.

Julie, please be careful when you post to accurately describe what you have actually eaten within the past 2-3 days. It helps us understand better and then our responses will be clearer.

Have a nice evening

--------------------

#356581 - 03/11/10 03:56 AM
Allisonmary

Reged: 01/03/04

I think you need to focus on only one thing Julie and that's not the IBS or the eating disorder, it's trying to be happy. I agree with you, it is horrible to feel sick and it's even more upsetting to go from feeling great to feeling worse. Try to make yourself happy and do things you love, even if you aren't feeling that great. Tell yourself its ok not to feel good all the time and that it's not your fault. Thats what I do, if I eat something wrong and then feel sick, I tell myself it is ok and I focus on doing nice things for myself and things that make me happy. If your stomach is feeling bloated, tell yourself it is ok and that it is a part of your healing. You are trying to figure out what works for you and what doesn't and it may take time but the more time it takes the more you'll learn.
Hope you are feeling better:)

#356584 - 03/11/10 09:20 AM
julieb123

thank you all for suppourt helped me lots last night i have been up all lst night and am really down and stressed today i have had to go to suppermarkert for my dad cos mum has alzhimres and one of us has to be there i really never wanted to go to day
but i did i bought all kinds rice milk soya milk goats milk oats rice creal corn creal berries and now am scared and frightend what the hell to eat drink take i have have nil to day co am so scared i i have really wanted to use the rice milk again to day but dont no if to as here lots good and bad and same as soya as for goats i no its a no no but it was ok for me for a while
i am ok with soya to for a bit as for rice milk i did have it but i was consapation lots but i think it was xmas time i was in a lots not moveing about as much
i am going to have some tea tuna and carrots peas and potaoes
an just kicking my self dad said i have to have breakfast best meal of day pick a milk and drink it it wont kill me its all in my mind what does he no i wish i was back at 16 again best time in my life before ibs before my ed

i wish i lived in the usa in a house with a family and a baby and a dog and just my wish

--------------------
ibs c with trapped gas

#356606 - 03/11/10 03:09 PM

Unregistered

how are u right now julie? I'm pretty bad cramps and bathroom issues it really gets in the way of spending time with my boyfriend and I have no much to do still clean my room,shop and cook I just might not be able to do what I need to today. I just want to fit my smaller pants. So much I wish to do like make my room spotless. I just wish I could leave the house so I can get on with shopping and cooking but I just get attacks and end up in the toilet.

#356607 - 03/11/10 04:50 PM
Gerikat

Reged: 06/21/09

Julie, I feel for you, I really do, but back to the milks, again? We have had this conversation soooo many times, and we get nowhere.

Haven't we advised you to skip all milks for a time, and see how it goes? Haven't we stated speak with your medical team and diet advisors about the different milks? Haven't we said maybe, with you, it isn't about the milk, but more about the head?

Have you ever tried something besides cereal for breakfast...something that does NOT involve milk? Obviously, milks are not working for you. Can you try a plain bagel with jam or butter substitute? Can you do egg white omelets? Can you do oatmeal with just a bit of sugar? There are things you can have for breakfast besides cereal and then you won't have to be so obsessed with this milk thing.

If you continue to do what you've always done, you will continue to get what you've always got.

I don't think living in the USA is going to help you a bit. From what I hear, you live in the UK and have access to one of the best docs in the world for IBS treatment.

Julie, I am truly sorry for your situation with your mom. I know how tough it is to be a caregiver. I have been one to my mom recently, and I know the stress it can cause.

My C is so severe right now that I don't know which way to turn. But, I don't ask the same darn questions, over and over again, when we have tried our best to understand your pain and answer them.

Julie, the people on this board have given you great suggestions. And I am not saying that you cannot come here for support, but you have to listen and put some of these suggestions into play. You can't continue to ask the milk question over and over and over again, when none of us can answer that for you.

Do you see what I am saying? I know some will be angry with me and say I am being too hard on you, but it just gets old after awhile. You have to be willing to help yourself. We can't do it for you.

I think this may be a bit of tough love.

#356608 - 03/11/10 05:02 PM
shawneric

Reged: 01/30/03
Loc: Oregon

Julie, your still seeing Dr Whorwell yes? And still doing the hypnotherapy?

Has DR Whorwell even mentioned seeing a behavioral therapist and counseling as well?

--------------------
My website on IBS is www.ibshealth.com

Edited by Heather (03/11/10 05:20 PM)

#356622 - 03/12/10 10:26 AM
julieb123

thank you all i do listen to what all say i really do you might think i dont but i do am going to try oats and water tomorow i am scared of lots of foods thats why i cant have them i cant have a baugle thats for sure i fear any breads i have only this month strated on potaoes thats big for me
i no i drive you all but the wall i have a good gi docter but i just dont feel am geting any were and i try so hard more than you know i realy do try
i feel so lost any alone i no you all help but am alone inside more than ever i spoke to help line and there ok help but the lady i like who helps me lots was of sp i man said if you was ok last week dont change nothing stick with soya nd all i was doing it was just ibs well am not sure what am doing any more and am so sorry for the post on milk i really wont say it again

--------------------
ibs c with trapped gas

#356624 - 03/12/10 11:11 AM

Unregistered

I hope someday both of us can feel better and feel not feel so alone. my boyfriend comes to visit me once or twice a week because of our conflicting work schedules and my ibs really gets in the way..it was a bummer yesterday I wait all week for the day he comes over and I felt so awful yesterday and he only stayed about half an hour cuz he lives about an hour or hour and a half away from me and he said he has been stuck in this town so much and really wanted to get home too. WHen he left I felt lonely and depressed becaue of my ibs and other reasons that I don't want to share. I felt to sick to do anything,I couldn't even shop last night and had to really force myself to cook up the turkey meat I took out and cook rice and mixed it in. it was awful and I kept getting horrid gas attacks. my bf got me a wii game for valentine's day and we still haven't played it together I have not had the engergy for it and we never have time cuz we end up going to wal mart so I can get food and cook for my ibs and his mom has him shop or he needs an oil change too. he goes to movies alone cuz I feel too awful to enjoy it and he bought me an anime series for my birth day which was in october and we haven't had the time to watch more than 2 or 3 episodes which I felt too awful to enjoy I was on the floor with gas. I have a diary app on my ipod touch I type in and everday I have FML in there at least once. I wish I could go back to the days I didn't have ibs or at least it was alot milder. I would go ride my bike in the afternoon or go to the gym I would have fun and leave town on holidays. Every christmas I'm stuck in the toilet while my dad and sister spend christmas with everyone..thats ok its me and my mom here..

#356661 - 03/13/10 09:20 AM
julieb123

can this get any worse i mean i am geting worse not better i have a belly so big to day consaption i cant take any more medicen and i just dont understand i think i might be haveing to much rice so i have had oats and water today and omg look at me know am so scared and i just dont no what to do feel any more am at home tonight and last few night i was at brothers and now am at home i feel like my worlds going to gave in help

--------------------
ibs c with trapped gas

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1688 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 11786

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review