All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Really having problems
      #348575 - 07/29/09 09:44 AM
MCB11080

Reged: 07/29/09

I was recently diagnosed with IBS back in March and my doctor prescribed me Bentyl which has been helping quite a bit. Unfortunately, around the time of my cycle, no matter what I'm eating, I get really painful attacks. I end up going to the bathroom like 6-12 times in the day and I get so sore. Anything that can help ease the urge to run to the bathroom? Its just getting acutely painful and it makes me not want to eat anything and i'm already underweight.

If anyone has any tips, that'd be great. I work during the day so I can't keep running back and forth from the bathroom.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Really having problems new
      #348576 - 07/29/09 10:06 AM
Kappy

Reged: 10/09/08
Loc: Mississippi

Hormone changes adversely affect IBS, so your period can affect you worse than any other time in the month.

I don't have D so I can't help with running to the bathroom. You might want to try some Imodium. The Bentyl is just for the pain and spasms.

--------------------
IBS-C, Gas, Bloating, HURTING!

I'm married and it's so wonderful!

#348577 - 07/29/09 11:19 AM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

I agree that you should pre-emptively take immodium right before and for a couple days. You may want to think about oral contraceptives which make that almost go away. I used to have D every month and now I barely notice another month passing.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

#348582 - 07/29/09 11:37 AM
Kappy

Reged: 10/09/08
Loc: Mississippi

I'm on mine now, and I haven't had the first bit of problems (knock on wood)

--------------------
IBS-C, Gas, Bloating, HURTING!

I'm married and it's so wonderful!

Try birth control new
      #348591 - 07/29/09 01:19 PM
glasgowgirl

Reged: 09/01/08
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

It really helped me. I mean why have a period if you don't need to.

--------------------
Stable IBS D

Re: Try birth control new
      #348599 - 07/29/09 02:34 PM
MCB11080

Reged: 07/29/09

I would but I'm on quite a bit of medicine right now as it is.

How often can I take the Immodium? It's gotten to the point where I am afraid to eat anything.

Re: Try birth control new
      #348709 - 08/03/09 05:02 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

There have been those here that have taken imodium very regularly for a long time. It is dangerous if you are prone to swing the other way. I swing both ways when it comes to regularity and most of the time avoid imodium now unless it is an emergency. If you never get C you can take imodium every morning for some time.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2416 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1749

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review