All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Waistline Woes new
      #345073 - 04/26/09 06:13 PM
landimarie

Reged: 04/09/09
Loc: Texas

Hi Ya'll. I've only posted a couple of times in 10 days (was diagnosed with IBS on the 16th)Just as an update. Am on meds and started Heather's books and peppermint caps and tea immediately. Bought lots of IBS groceries and seem to be doing fair. My IBS is centered in the transverse section of the colon so pains are right under the ribs and pretty constant, but nothing I can't live with. THE BIG PROBLEM is my waistline has disappeared. In the last month I've gone from a 27" waist to a 36" waist. I refuse to buy all new clothes as I have a huge wardrobe( I am a pack rat and never get rid of clothes) and I also refuse to wear maternity clothes ( had my last child 27 years ago). Any Ideas? I don't seem to have much gas so why am I so distended? Any help would be most greatful. I have two pair of overalls and really don't want to wear them the rest of my days on this Earth!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Waistline Woes new
      #345111 - 04/27/09 10:47 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

its probably trapped gas and bloat.. I can find my waist changing by huge amounts during a single day because of it.. I have resorted to making adjustable waisted skirts and mom solved the pants problem when I have time to sew again next week... I know I went down 2 pants sizes when I started getting under control.. and I discovered that I was changing wiastlines by up to 5" a day back then... a really bad day can bloat me back up (today thanks to a restaurant oops yesterday).. but I can accomodate without changing wardrobe now

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

#345113 - 04/27/09 10:58 AM
Kappy

Reged: 10/09/08
Loc: Mississippi

Try some hot ginger tea. Use fresh ginger and boil and steep it for a while. It's spicy, but it's good for the bloat. It helps me when I'm bloated and my belly is hard to the touch. It will take away the bloat fairly quickly.

My waistline, too, gets lost somedays. It's usually 28" but somedays it can be as big as 34-36 also. It's not fun. Today, I am bloated, but not to where I need a different size.

Most of my pants sit on my hips not waist. So that doesn't bother me too much, but pantyhose are killer! I've had to switch to thigh highs or whatever i can find!

--------------------
IBS-C, Gas, Bloating, HURTING!

I'm married and it's so wonderful!

Re: Waistline Woes
      #345133 - 04/27/09 03:23 PM
landimarie

Thanks. Will buy ginger tomorrow. Today is one of my "knot & hot" days. A fist size knot in my transverse just under my right ribs and it is hot as a fire poker. I'll get by tho. Thanks again.

#345134 - 04/27/09 03:26 PM
landimarie

Thanks for the post. It's good to know I'm not the only person with a changing waistline. Will wait for stabilization!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1652 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1593

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review