All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Travel with acacia fiber
      #344790 - 04/21/09 01:20 PM
jan55

Reged: 04/27/08

I have a question about traveling to Ireland with a supply of acacia fiber. I don't want to take a l lb. container with me for a week but don't know how to package the white powder so it doesn't look suspicious to Customs. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Travel with acacia fiber new
      #344795 - 04/21/09 01:52 PM
landimarie

Reged: 04/09/09
Loc: Texas

Talk with julieb123 - She lives in London. she'll know where to get it without all the hassle of airlines.

#344797 - 04/21/09 02:55 PM
erindAdministrator

Reged: 03/19/08
Loc: Seattle, WA

Hi there,

We're asked about this a lot but no one has ever had a problem with airport or customs security. If you keep the acacia in the original container that will help, but even putting it into a smaller travel container has never caused problems. Just print out some information about acacia from our website and pack it with the travel container. Many of our customers have acacia sent to their travel destination ahead of time. This way they don't have to worry about not having it and feeling bad on their trip.

We're actually working on Tummy Fiber travel packets (like sugar packets) in a small travel container right now. That should be available in the next few months - I'll announce it in the IBS Newsletter and on the site.

In the meantime, I wouldn't worry too much about traveling with the powder. A lot of people have had this concern, but it has never once actually caused a problem for anyone. There are a lot of white powders people travel with, and airport security is used to this. Heather has actually traveled internationally with it several times, and have heard from a lot of other users who travel frequently (including to South America), and it's just never been an issue for anyone.

Best,
Erin

--------------------
Erin Dudley, MS, CN
Certified Nutritionist
Heather's Tummy Care / Heather & Company for IBS, LLC
IBS Education, Support, & Products
Toll Free: 866 640 4942 Direct: 206 264 8069 Fx: 206 264 8072
80 S. Washington St. #304, Seattle, WA 98104 USA

Patient Support Site: HelpForIBS.com
Wholesale Accounts: HeathersTummyCare.com
Co-Packing Services

Join Heather's IBS Newsletter Here
Join us on Facebook!
Join us on MySpace!

LEGAL DISCLAIMER - This email is not intended to replace the services of a physician, nor does it constitute a doctor-patient relationship. Any application of the recommendations in this email is at the reader's discretion. Heather Van Vorous and Heather & Company for IBS, LLC are not liable for any direct or indirect claim, loss or damage resulting from use of this email and/or any web site(s) linked to/from it. Readers should consult their own physicians concerning the recommendations in this email

#344808 - 04/21/09 05:25 PM
jan55

Reged: 04/27/08

Thanks for the info. I'll definitely look forward to travel size packets becoming available. It will make that aspect of going away from home that much easier.

#344810 - 04/21/09 06:13 PM
Kteach84

Reged: 03/31/08
Loc: MA

Definitely take it on the plane with you and don't worry about it. I have traveled with it a couple of times with no problems. I don't even leave it in the package, I just have it in a zip lock bag. Last year my fiance was making fun of me saying they were going to think I was smuggling drugs. I got through with no problems and he got stopped because he forgot he bought a wine opener with a knife on it HAHA

--------------------
I am training for a Sprint Triathlon- Check out my Blog!
http://redsoxcap.blogspot.com/

take it... new
      #344843 - 04/22/09 12:51 PM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

if they question it, open it up and let them taste a bit.. no problems, I've never had an issue with it... I did get stopped once when I was living on one side and dating someone on the other side of the border carrying supplies premeasured to bake a cake.. thats where the taste thing came from... (Windsor-Detroit, US-Canadian border)

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

never had a problem new
      #344850 - 04/22/09 05:27 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

I've gone through various customs posts and no one has even asked about it. I pack it in my suitcase with extra meds and tea bags and then put one or two servings with tea bags in my purse. Never been asked what it is.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 995 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1948

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review