All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Tired of Peppermint Tea
      #326619 - 03/15/08 09:49 AM
Toady

Reged: 04/06/06
Loc: A small city, Northwestern Ontario, Canada

I think if I drink 1 more cup of peppermint tea I'll gag. So I went out and found some ginger tea with lemongrass. It's alright, but it's just not the same effect. The colour of the tea is sunshine yellow which reminiscences of something else in my cup. And the ginger is strong - it burns my throat.

I need an alternative, and not fennel - can't stand the taste! I've tried almost every pep tea available here, plus some mint blends, one with spearmint and cammomile, one with licorice (YUCK!) and so on. I've had some berry teas too, but only later in the afternoon.

What else can I try that's hot. I have my need for something hot in the morning to start my tummy off right.

Any suggestions?

--------------------
Cassandra

Live like there's no tomorrow. Love like you've never loved before.

IBS A 20+ years, Chronic Migraines, Chiari Malformation (decompressed June 22, 2010), Brachial Neuritis, and ??? the list just keeps growing, but I'm still shiny side up!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Tired of Peppermint Tea new
      #326621 - 03/15/08 10:20 AM
Photofabix

Reged: 06/03/07
Loc: N Florida

Quote:

I think if I drink 1 more cup of peppermint tea I'll gag. So I went out and found some ginger tea with lemongrass. It's alright, but it's just not the same effect. The colour of the tea is sunshine yellow which reminiscences of something else in my cup. And the ginger is strong - it burns my throat.

I need an alternative, and not fennel - can't stand the taste! I've tried almost every pep tea available here, plus some mint blends, one with spearmint and cammomile, one with licorice (YUCK!) and so on. I've had some berry teas too, but only later in the afternoon.

What else can I try that's hot. I have my need for something hot in the morning to start my tummy off right.

Any suggestions?

I used to order my teas online, from Upton Teas, Herbal Section, they have quit a few different selections for herbal teas. I haven't tried the Rooibos on the first page, but according to This Thread it's a safe drink. There is also Adagio Teas online, but I prefer the quality of Upton.

--------------------
IBS-D, Lactose Intolerant, latex allergy, MCS, Sun allergies, depression/anxiety, 156 pounds weight loss now (still dropping), cramping, rarely leave the house.

#326623 - 03/15/08 10:29 AM
Snorkie

Reged: 02/15/05
Loc: Northern Illinois, USA

I drink Good Earth Good Night tea in the mornings. It's a lot like Celestial Seasonings Sleepy Time.

Re: Thanks! new
      #326669 - 03/16/08 07:53 AM
Toady

I've got the Sleepytime tea in my cupboard and don't mind it sometimes, but it does make me sleepy - so not a good idea before work!

I've got to run out for some groceries later today so I'll look for Rooibos tea and see what I can find.

Thanks!

--------------------
Cassandra

IBS A 20+ years, Chronic Migraines, Chiari Malformation (decompressed June 22, 2010), Brachial Neuritis, and ??? the list just keeps growing, but I'm still shiny side up!

Re: Thanks! new
      #326685 - 03/16/08 03:59 PM
Photofabix

Quote:

I've got the Sleepytime tea in my cupboard and don't mind it sometimes, but it does make me sleepy - so not a good idea before work!

I've got to run out for some groceries later today so I'll look for Rooibos tea and see what I can find.

Thanks!

If you get it let me know what you think, I been thinking of trying the Celestial Seasoning Madagascar Vanilla Rooibos blend my self.

--------------------
IBS-D, Lactose Intolerant, latex allergy, MCS, Sun allergies, depression/anxiety, 156 pounds weight loss now (still dropping), cramping, rarely leave the house.

#326704 - 03/17/08 10:26 AM
Shibby

Reged: 06/21/07
Loc: Clifton Park, NY

Hi Toady!
Since giving up coffee I've been drinking lots of herbal teas. Here they are: Celestial Seasonings: Chai Decaf, Fruit Sampler (nice because you can try 4 different flavors), Chamomile, Honey Vanilla Chamomile. Celestial Seasonings also makes a vanilla apple white that I like but it does have caffine in it but it doesn't seem to bother me!
Bigelow has one called "Sweet Dreams" that is a combo of chamomile & mint. I hope that helps! There are lots to try out there, Good luck in your search.

#326709 - 03/17/08 12:05 PM
Photofabix

Quote:

Hi Toady!
Since giving up coffee I've been drinking lots of herbal teas. Here they are: Celestial Seasonings: Chai Decaf, Fruit Sampler (nice because you can try 4 different flavors), Chamomile, Honey Vanilla Chamomile. Celestial Seasonings also makes a vanilla apple white that I like but it does have caffine in it but it doesn't seem to bother me!
Bigelow has one called "Sweet Dreams" that is a combo of chamomile & mint. I hope that helps! There are lots to try out there, Good luck in your search.

The Celestial Seasonings Chai Decaf, would still have some caffeine as well so you might want to be careful with it. I believe decaf black tea still has about 5mg of caffeine.

Also it lists black pepper in the ingredients (most chai's have black pepper), I'm not sure about others here, but black pepper really sets me off.

--------------------

#326714 - 03/17/08 01:05 PM
charlie 47

Reged: 03/17/08
Loc: michigan

Hi all. I go online and order tea from teavana out of atlanta ga. www.teavana.com. they have all varieties.

#326716 - 03/17/08 01:46 PM
auntdebs318

Reged: 10/18/07
Loc: Yardley, Pa

I am in love with this new one I got from Republic of teas Decaf Kiwi pear. I brewed it last night and made it for ice tea for lunch at work. It was soooooo yummy.. I am also a big fan of good earth teas I love the decaf green with lemongrass and vanilla chai. I use the decaf vanilla chai with vanilla almond milk as a cold drink and a few drops in hot tea. Very tasty.. I hope these help

--------------------
IBS-C gas, bloating and acid reflux

Babies is the plan for 2008!!Hope this IBS cooperates.

Re: Photofabix new
      #326722 - 03/17/08 03:11 PM
Toady

I bought myself some Celestial Seasoning Rooibos with apricot and peach yesterday - it's actually pretty good, although I don't think I'll drink it in the morning either. Kinda an "afternoon tea" to me. It's got the sweet peachy taste and smells better than it tastes, but still very palatable.

I think I'll stick with my pep in the morning before work and then the Rooibos in the pm. Mix it up a little! I even made another cup of ginger tea today at work and stomached most of it. I made it too strong though!
I'll stick with all herbals teas though too, even before my diagnosis anything with black tea, decaf or not, always upset my tum - and I LOVE Earl Grey tea, it just does NOT love me!!

Thanks to everyone for their hints and favs!!

--------------------
Cassandra

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 446 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 15276

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review