All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)
I have quit eating! IBS HAS WON!!!!
      #324654 - 02/13/08 11:28 AM
emmasmom

Reged: 09/22/06
Loc: ILL

I can't do this anymore. I can't keep eating turkey buger fish or chicken poatoes rice pasta EVERY day! I just can't do it! I can't do it anymore i would rather not eat than eat the same things everyday If I have one for lunch its the other for super I can't handle it. I can olny fix pasta 1 way soup and thats the same old soup! I have been so long with out stuff that no mater how I chop, puree it still upsets my stomach and I AM SO TIRED OF BEING SICK!. Eating like this has put such a strain on my marriage cause we fight about what to eat cause I am so tired of it all. I siting here right now so hungry. I just want my life back! Its so horrible that every day you know that it has to be turky or chiken or rice or poatoes. They same old snacks the same old supers. I just can't do this anymore. Thanks for listening I just needed to vent. Theres gotta be someone out there that feels the way I do........
emmasmom
ibs-c

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: I have quit eating! IBS HAS WON!!!! new
      #324655 - 02/13/08 11:42 AM
Kimberley321

Reged: 01/21/08
Loc: London, UK

Hi Emmasmom,

I definitely understand how you feel. I have rice krispies every morning, chicken with french bread every lunch time, and plain mash potato with peas every dinner! I'm sick of it too. I tried introducing a couple of new foods this weekend and surprise surprise i was sick all day Tuesday.

I don't really know what to suggest becasue i'm in the same position as you but i wanted to let you know i share your frustration and i'm here for you. I can only hope tha things get better for you soon

#324657 - 02/13/08 11:46 AM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

Sorry you feel so trapped and frustrated by your IBS. Even with IBS, there are many, MANY varieties of foods and meals that you can prepare. Please read Sand's great post on Exuberant Eating . It really motivated me to try some new dishes.

If you feel that nothing's helping your IBS, have you considered hypnotherapy and medications? I think there's a misconception that for everyone diet alone will help your IBS. That's not true for everyone. Diet is only one part of a larger way to manage this disorder.

I really hope you hang in there. I think the boards can be more stressful and confusing for someone who's not yet stable or doesn't fully grasp the EFI diet. Myabe your husband should sit with you and help you plan the meals. Maybe there's a way to make something you can both enjoy or take a favorite dish and make it IBS friendly. THere's no reason why your meals have to be so boring or repetitive.

Take care!

#324658 - 02/13/08 11:52 AM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

I also wanted to add, that you're right. When you haven't eaten something in a while and then add it back in (like vegetables, even when chopped and cooked) you're going to experience some discomfort, gas. But you just have to keep eating it a little at a time and eat it regularly in order to get used to it. Digestive Enzymes, like Beano, work great for vegetables. Digestive teas, like ginger or chamomile, sipped during a meal have really helped me with reducing gas and cramping. I think the hardest part is getting the courage to actually try something that isn't a trigger, but isn't something you'd eat regularly. But after a week or two of eating it regularly, you should be fine. This is how I incorporated more vegetables into my diet and seafood.

Hugs! I hope you find something that works for you!

#324660 - 02/13/08 12:28 PM

Unregistered

Have you tried turkey sausage and turkey meatballs? Can you tolerate spaghetti sauce? List some things that you can eat and let's see if we can give you some ideas

#324673 - 02/13/08 03:14 PM
steffiejoy

Reged: 11/26/07
Loc: Cleveland, Ohio

Oh honey, I am sooo with you! I am considering giving up eating too. Chicken, white rice, and turkey... thats it! I cant seem to do veggies either. I wish I had an answer or help for you, but I just wanted to let you know that youre not alone.

Stef

#324691 - 02/13/08 05:31 PM
CJIBSDG

Reged: 12/24/07
Loc: Idaho

Emm, I know exactly how you feel. At this precise moment in time I'm ok with the extremely limited diet but I've been very frustrated before and am quite certain I will be again. It is especially frustrating when you are reaping any benefits from it. I did have some improvement with the diet alone but still not enough to feel it was worth all that I was giving up. What I have found to make a significant difference is probiotics. I was taking one called Udo's Choise super bifido plus which I purchased at my local co-op, it's $90 for a 30 day supply but I did quite well with it. I'm currently taking Align (samples I got from my GI 3 days ago) it's too soon to know if this one will work or not.

I wish you the best and hope that tomorrow you find a renewed courage to stick with it, and possibly try something different.

--------------------
Jeanette IBS-D, then switched to IBS-A, now stable with Udo's Choice Super Bifido Plus Probiotic

#324693 - 02/13/08 07:02 PM
Sweetkakes

Reged: 12/07/07

Hello there,

After reading your post, I could not help but reply simply because I know exactly how you feel! Especially about the stress on your marriage. My husband can eat such a variety of foods and it drives me NUTS! And makes me grouchy - which leads to arguments. As to trying to introduce some new foods and thus variety into your diet: I have found that the soluble fiber component is really key. When I want to try a new food, even one that is "safe" but I don't usually eat, I make sure it is the only new thing in the meal in a small portion size. The rest of the meal is largely old standbys with lots of soluble fiber - potato, squash, ect. I eat them first. Oh, and when it comes to gas and constipation, I have found gentle abdominal massage (circular motion up toward your head on the right, then across at the waist, and down toward the feet on the left), heat pads (to relax the intestines), and fennel tea really help a lot!
Please hang in there, and keep eating something. I once tried not eating for an extended time and it actually made things worse. I think it was because the gut went crazy with hunger and then had nothing to process!

#324698 - 02/13/08 10:10 PM
Wheresthedamnloo

Reged: 01/19/08

For Heaven's sake people!

We all know how rough it is but you cannot deprive your body of food.
I know it's hard and it hurts, but with time, patience and probably a lot of trial and error it will get better.

Don't give up! Don't let this IBS thing beat you down. We've all come too far to quit now. Remember the days of being doubled over in pain and no-one knowing what the hell you had???
Say a Prayer for those still in that stage, and thank God you have your diagnosis.

I am sure if we work together we can come up with some relatively safe ways to introduce new foods in.

Have you tried baking some chicken with herbs and spices? Maybe introduce a little grated carrot into your tomato pasta sauce? Try some fish? Try some low fat Risotto?

#324710 - 02/14/08 07:09 AM
Jordy

Reged: 08/12/06

Oh yeah, I'm right behind you, woman! Are you getting any relief from eating so restrictively? If I were, it would at least help me to keep going....but it hasn't.

I am very close to giving up trying. I had a cup of coffee yesterday, and it was so freeing. And, I had no worse symptoms than usual. 4 years I have been eating with no cheats....plus gluten free on top of it. At least I would be able eat food and be in pain rather than just be in pain and starving and reprived. But, for some reason, I haven't gotten up the courage to just say "I quit" yet. I keep hoping and praying for an answer. I'm tired, though. I'm so tired of this guessing game with no answers....and all the contradictory info out there.

--------------------
IBS-C with pain and bloat

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1183 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 37698

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review