All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Question about nervous stomach...
      #323797 - 02/02/08 08:52 AM
Sweetd

Reged: 07/13/04
Loc: NY

My doctor put me on a generic of Levsin/LS which is an antisposmotic to take as needed and I have been doing just that. I took one and it worked great luckily! My question is I'm starting a new job next week and I pretty nervous about it! Most of my stomach problems (IBS D) and urgency come from the brain gut reation. My nervousiness send me running for the b.r.! Does anyone know if this would help with that? If so, how many would you say helped you? Just one or more? I also upped my morning and night dosages recently of Acaica to see if that would help as well.

Or if anyone has any other suggestions how to deal with a nervous stomach (brain to gut reaction), I'd appricate that too!

--------------------
Ibs-d and fructose sensitive.

Edited by Sweetd (02/02/08 10:43 AM)

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Question about nervous stomach... new
      #323812 - 02/02/08 11:11 AM
Sandyg

Reged: 09/13/04

Hi,

I know Acacia helped me a lot with urgency as I have a nervous stomach too. If I think I'm going to have to out with no bathroom in sight, that can make me go. I'd definitely take an immodium as a preventive or what you take normally. Just knowing I took an Immodium is enough to bring myself under control.
Sandy

#323819 - 02/02/08 02:09 PM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

When I was still at that point, Imodium was always my safety. If you decide to go with the antispasmotic, I wouldn't take more than one. I don't know about you, but they make me drowsy. If they effect you the same way, passing out on the new job may not be a plus! Good luck with the new job!

PS: I'm always big on the hypno for the brain/gut/urgency issues. Don't know if you've tried that yet, but it totally changed my life.

#323834 - 02/02/08 05:38 PM
line415

Reged: 09/09/06
Loc: New Jersey

I second the hypno. It certainly can't hurt with your anxiety/nervousness. Also try yoga the evening before something big. Good luck

--------------------
Originally IBS-D for a million years!
Then IBS-A, Now a transformed slightly C

#323988 - 02/04/08 04:41 PM
Sweetd

Thank you all for your responses! I was considering the hypno. but I wasn't sure if it worked. I'm glad that it has helped you! It gives me hope! I have taken the antisposmodics before (just one though) and it didn't make me drowsy luckily, it actually helped me, but only with spasums, but I was just curious to see how other ibser's felt on it. I think now that I've upped my dosage of Acacia that will help (I hope). I just want to get my ibs and nervous stomach under control before I start my new job (without going on an anti-anxiety/ anti-depressants, because to their unpleasant side effects.) I hope to have my ibs/ nervous stomach are under control before Monday! Thanks for the good wishes with my new job!

--------------------

#323998 - 02/04/08 11:32 PM
Wheresthedamnloo

Reged: 01/19/08

I Pray. It helps when there is absolutely no toilet in sight and things are getting a bit hairy.

#324006 - 02/05/08 07:24 AM
Sweetd

When I've taken Immodium it has only been after my stomach issues (or shall I say as they're going on). Sometimes it has helped and other times it has done nothing believe it or not! How many do you take? 1 or 2 and do all of you take it as a preventative just incase? Thanks!

--------------------

Immodium use.... new
      #324042 - 02/05/08 12:54 PM
Sandyg

Reged: 09/13/04

You mentioned taking Immodium after your stomach issues have started. I've had times when it hasn't helped when I'm in the midst of it or only after awhile. If I really want to be OK, I take an Immodium before bed and then 2 more in the morning after I go. It really helps with the frequency and urgency. This is if I'm feeling the least unstable and have someone to be in the morning where I can't be in the bathroom or worse yet, don't have one to go to!!!

Sandy

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 357 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2543

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review