All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
What am I doing wrong
      #322334 - 01/14/08 03:44 PM
avjens

Reged: 09/13/05
Loc: Iowa

I have had gas and bloating for days now. I was extra carefuly today in what I ate and I am terribly gased up tonight. This is what I ate today:

Breakfast: herbal tea, banana

Mid-morning: yogurt and herbal tea

Lunch: oatmeal with a little regular sugar

Mid-afternoon: crackers, herbal tea (fennel this time)
peppermint herbal tea

So I now have gas and am meeting some friends for supper! What should I do differently?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: What am I doing wrong new
      #322336 - 01/14/08 03:52 PM
CJIBSDG

Reged: 12/24/07
Loc: Idaho

I noticed 2 items that you listed that will give me bad gas:

1. banana
2. peppermint tea

I drink the peppermint tea only when I have D and it always results in gas, so whenever I drink peppermint after the D stops, I follow it up with fennel tea which usually prevents or eliminates the gas.

Hope this helps - Now drink lots of fennel tea before during and after your dinner.

another product that I use for gas is called gastrizyme (you can order it online).

--------------------
Jeanette IBS-D, then switched to IBS-A, now stable with Udo's Choice Super Bifido Plus Probiotic

#322341 - 01/14/08 04:09 PM
SherryJ

Reged: 12/22/07
Loc: Idaho

Please read the posting by Sarah T "Update On My New Quest". This information was invaluable to me and now that I've given up Soluble fiber, no more gas! Maybe following the SCD program would be more beneficial for you.

peppermint tea? new
      #322349 - 01/14/08 06:29 PM
Zara

Reged: 06/07/06

Really? I drink it like there's no tomorrow and I am bloated all the time....hmmm, I will try going off for a few days and see what happens.

--------------------
IBS-C, bloating, cramps
pregnant

#322365 - 01/15/08 06:50 AM
Jordy

Reged: 08/12/06

Peppermint tea...I drink that all the time. What brand Fennel do you use? Do you buy it in bags or loose?

--------------------
IBS-C with pain and bloat

#322397 - 01/15/08 12:32 PM
avjens

I buy the fennel in bags (Heather's Tummy Teas)

#322398 - 01/15/08 12:37 PM
avjens

Last night I met some friends at Genghis Grill and it pretty much killed me off for the night. I was even careful with my supper i.e. grilled chicken (very few), chopped carrots, baby corn, zucchini, squash, mushrooms, spiral noodles mixed with soy honey sauce.

I ate my supper and within minutes of being done, my stomach started cramping, gas was building and I thought I was going to die since I could not go anywhere until the thing was over. When I got home I laid on the couch, a lot of gas was passing, which, is embarassing and I feel so sorry for my family. I couldn't wait to just go to bed and sleep it off, which I did.

#322408 - 01/15/08 03:35 PM
LMo

Reged: 11/06/07
Loc: Los Angeles, California

If my stomach isn't stable, yogurt can really set me off, and I know this is unusual, but oatmeal can too. I stick to white toast with earth balance butter for breakfast or a very plain, low fiber cereal with soymilk. Bananas can also set me off, maybe try applesauce instead.

#322409 - 01/15/08 04:23 PM
Erilyn

Reged: 11/14/07
Loc: Beautiful British Columbia, Canada

Definately stay away from the yogurt - even though it is low in lactose it is still dairy and dairy is a major trigger for most IBSers! try soy yogurt instead - it's actually very good.

--------------------
IBS-A since age 12, and fructose sensitive; with the exception of my pregnancy, have been following Heather's diet since Nov. 19, 2007.
Taking 12g of Acacia per day. Relatively stable since March 2008!

#322437 - 01/16/08 05:45 AM
Barbara50

Reged: 09/26/07
Loc: Texas

Sounds like you have a problem with HFCS. Honey is a real trigger for those of us that can't handle the fructose. Also, often grilled food at restaurants has a high fat content because they cover the grill with oil and it gets all over the food. Another problem I have at restaurants is they marinate the meat in something that is not safe before they grill it. I have pretty much given up on eating out and that IS a bummer!!!

--------------------
IBS-D, Gas & Bloating

Barbara50

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 806 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4327

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review