All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
clear liquid diet
      #318722 - 11/15/07 09:43 AM
melinda413

Reged: 05/09/07
Loc: Findlay, OH

My oncologist just told me today to go on a clear liquid diet to see if my diarrhea and abdominal pain will go away doing that. Since my IBS is almost always constipating and if it is diarrhea lasts one day maximum she thinks I either have an infection or the chemo is making me like this. My question is will the clear liquid diet have a negative affect on the IBS? Also what the hell can I eat on a clear liquid diet! I'm worried that alone will bother me since I am used to eating every couple of hours now. She said if it doesn't clear up she will want to do a CAT scan. That did not make sense to me, what can a CAT scan show about my belly?

--------------------
Melinda
IBS-A but leans toward C mostly

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: clear liquid diet new
      #318761 - 11/15/07 01:52 PM
jaime g

Reged: 07/27/05
Loc: new york city

Water, herbal tea, broth, jello. As long as you get enough fluid, and don't straight-up fast, this shouldn't make your IBS *worse* - just make sure to go slowly when you go back to solid foods.

--------------------
jaime
ibs-a (mostly d) // vegetarian

Re: clear liquid diet new
      #318984 - 11/18/07 09:04 AM
K2

Reged: 01/29/06
Loc: Canada

I would also add fruit or vegetable juice. Don't have ones with any added sugar. If you have a juicer at home that would be great for making your own juices.

Also try to make the broth yourself, most store-bought broths just aren't the same quality and most of them have msg (although you may be able to find a completely natural broth).

--------------------
Kat

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2430 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3782

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review