All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
How And How Do You Incorporate Fruit/Puree Flavorfully Into Your Diet?
      #311877 - 07/24/07 02:46 PM
Naturapanic

Reged: 02/16/06

I'm trying to follow the suggestions of getting more fiber, fruit, into my diet to help with my C, Gas, and Bloating.

Currently I have Oat Bran with Applesauce, and a couple of strawberries into my protein shake.
-I'm hesistant, cautious, in adding more fruit as I am afraid of it being counterproductive.
-I feel in the past canned peaches and pears, which I used to consume, may have caused gas and bloating.

I'd like to ask
1) How much fruit should I have day?
-Do you have sample diet (3 servings, or 3 bowls of Applesauce)

2) Which fruits would you suggest would be helpful for me with my issues?

3) Is there anyway I can incorporate them efficently, flavorfully, and helpfully?
-For example I would love to take some frozen strawberries or blueberries and puree them for an after dinner snack, but I simply don't know what to do besides puree the fruit, which can get pretty bland and old.
-I'm looking for some tips on how for snacks I can add either canned or pureed fruit as a dish, sauce, or drink to give me the fiber and fruit servings I need.

Thanks.

--------------------
IBS-C and Bloating

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: How And How Do You Incorporate Fruit/Puree Flavorfully Into Your Diet? new
      #311922 - 07/24/07 09:28 PM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

I like to mix pureed fruit with vanilla soy dream (ice cream substitute) to make it creamier. In addition to the fruit smoothies listed on the IBS recipe index, check out the pumpkin smoothies. They're delicious! Pureed pumpkin is a good source of fiber and a lot of vitamins and minerals.

Other ideas:

Sliced banana + can of pineapple tidbits.

Jarred, refrigerated mangoes and other fruit slices in the salad aisle of most grocery stores. I like this option because the fruit is mushy and I'm not good about eating fruit when I buy it fresh.

During bad IBS episodes, I buy baby food. Gerber's Peach Cobbler is my favorite.

If you don't feel like making your own smoothie, I highly recommend Jamba Juice's Protein Berry Pizazz (the smallest size 16 oz): it's dairy-free (uses soy milk), contains soy protein powder, bananas, strawberries. I have never had a problem with this, but I don't usually have problems with soy. If you do a search on Jamba Juice, you'll find other people who drink them and what flavors they've found to be safe.

HTH.

Re: How And How Do You Incorporate Fruit/Puree Flavorfully Into Your Diet? new
      #311952 - 07/25/07 10:23 AM
Jennifer Rose

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: Fremont, CA

One of my favorite breakfasts is to take plain toast and spread some seedless strawberry jam over it. If you can't handle jam, try baby food fruits instead.

--------------------
- Jennifer

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 156 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 742

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review