All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Is this a true or not?
      #309118 - 06/15/07 11:19 AM
sophiejay

Reged: 07/26/06
Loc: England

Hi I've been doing alot of research lately on IBS, I've had it for six years and I must say how much Heathers' advice has helped me in so many ways, she is a truley gifted woman and extremely kind to offer so much support to everyone, her books have made my life bearable again!
But as I was saying, I've been struggling for the past few months and not getting any better, I'm ibsC and I have to take loads of Magnesium to get relief. So I was looking up IBS stuff when I came across a certain protocall for IBS and asked if any one here had done it, but that was not such a good idea so decided to give it a miss!
Then I found another web site called DrNatura and its got all this stuff about freakish intestinal parasites that totally freaked me out! But insisted it helped people with IBS. So I was just wondering if the cleanse it suggests has actually worked for any one on here or does any one know some one who's tried it and had good results.
I am very skeptical of any thing that claims to cure IBS but I'm feeling deperate at the moment and just needed some input thanks againx

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Is this a true or not? new
      #309119 - 06/15/07 11:48 AM
Life.Is.Random

Reged: 03/06/06
Loc: NJ

I would stay away from any intestinal cleaning products, especially ones that have to be purchased online. Any "cleaners" are just laxatives. I know how bad you feel, as I too have IBS-C. I hope that you find something that works for you and you feel better soon!

--------------------
Tierney
IBS-C
www.StandardProcess.com[/url] = the home of REAL supplements

Nope new
      #309130 - 06/15/07 02:57 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

Don't do it. "Cleanses" are, in one way or another, just glorified laxatives... and sometimes, even more harsh. You might feel good at first, but you're causing long-term damage to your already-not-functioning-properly colon - including dependency.

Having chronic symptoms is a drag, but making them worse in the long run is far more so!

Re: Is this a true or not? new
      #309180 - 06/16/07 12:04 AM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

Please don't do this. Cleanses are harsh and people with IBS don't have intestinal parasites. IF they did, then they'd have parasites (which can be found through a colonoscopy and stool sample tests), not IBS, and TA-DAH! you could actually treat that. If you do have parasites, there are actually medications and certain antibiotics that work depending on the kind. In any case, cleanses are harsh and doing it repeatedly will deplete your colon of important intestinal bacteria/flora as well as deplete your levels of electrolytes. I'm kind of tired since it's late, so if I'm not making sense please do a search on "cleanses" and "Dr. Natura" (without quotes, no time limits, all boards). I believe there is another member here, Naturapanic who had a bad experience with Dr. Natura's products.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 298 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1077

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review