All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Just curious...
      #304503 - 04/10/07 12:47 PM
Lynx

Reged: 04/21/05

I've been doing a bit of research lately and from I've gathered, having black stools that have a strong foul odor are not a sign of IBS. I'm just curious because I've been having this now for about half a year. Began after I started taking Celexa... but even after I stopped for a couple of months (just wanted to see what would happen) It still persisted. Now I'm having fewer than one BM per week, lol. I see a doctor tomorrow. Any comments or tips are much appreciated, thanks.

--------------------
Check out my gallery! http://niomie.deviantart.com/

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Just curious... new
      #304522 - 04/10/07 03:35 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

I'm glad you're seeing a doctor tomorrow... there's only 2 things I know of that cause black stools: Pepto Bismol and internal bleeding. Hopefully it's nothing that serious, but it's good you're getting checked out!

#304616 - 04/11/07 02:20 PM
AstroChick

Reged: 12/30/03
Loc: Chicago, IL, USA

Quote:

I'm glad you're seeing a doctor tomorrow... there's only 2 things I know of that cause black stools: Pepto Bismol and internal bleeding. Hopefully it's nothing that serious, but it's good you're getting checked out!

One more thing: too much iron. I had to supplement with iron as a teenager (killer periods do tend to make one anemic), and I ended up with very dark poop. So if you've increased your iron intake, that might be a very benign explanation.

--AC

#304657 - 04/11/07 08:51 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

Actually, I lied... there's one more thing I thought of: too much Guinness stout. LOL! But if you're following the IBS diet, that shouldn't be the problem. *ahem*

I didn't know too much iron would do that too. You learn something new every day.

#304745 - 04/12/07 10:28 AM
Kiwii

Reged: 09/27/05

I've run in to that problem myself, I think it was something in my diet, can't quite remember. I hope you get it cleared up soon.

--------------------
Kiwi
IBS-C

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1237 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1243

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review