All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
ER visit..thankful but depressed
      #303672 - 03/31/07 10:39 AM
creekgirl

Reged: 07/04/06

I was diagnosed with IBS a year or so ago. I got much better when I changed my eating habits but you know how we can slide back into old routines. I started eating salads, nuts, and wheat germ. I had such severe side and stomach pains that I went to the ER, sure I had a GI blockage (which I have had in the past) or a kidney stone. Thank the good Lord it was "just" a huge ball of gas and was better after a while. I'm back eating with some common sense but it sure is depressing to be so limited. I thought I'd never want to quit my Sunkist orange sodas but the memory of that pain made it real easy to quit! Thanks for a great site to get lots of good info and to know I'm not alone!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: ER visit..thankful but depressed new
      #303681 - 03/31/07 02:13 PM
emmasmom

Reged: 09/22/06
Loc: ILL

Hi I to made a trip to the er a few weeks ago it was gasatris(spelled wrong I know) I felt so stupid but was just glad that, that was all it was hang in there I kno wthe same food gets old but the days we feel like are old selfs sure are worth it! xx
emmasmom
ibs-c

#303683 - 03/31/07 02:18 PM
Toady

Reged: 04/06/06
Loc: A small city, Northwestern Ontario, Canada

Sometimes it is better to go to the ER and make sure it wasn't just gas. I know, I hate going to the dr. but we all need to sometimes.

If you are a dire soda fan, try stirring the fizz out. If it still bothers you, it is probably the high fructos corn syrup in the ingredients. You can't get around that one!

Hope you're feeling better soon, and welcome to the board.

--------------------
Cassandra

Live like there's no tomorrow. Love like you've never loved before.

IBS A 20+ years, Chronic Migraines, Chiari Malformation (decompressed June 22, 2010), Brachial Neuritis, and ??? the list just keeps growing, but I'm still shiny side up!

#303699 - 04/01/07 07:52 AM
latrice

Reged: 03/28/07

Hey Toady,
What does it mean to stir the fizz out?

Re: Latrice new
      #303815 - 04/02/07 04:57 PM
Toady

Reged: 04/06/06
Loc: A small city, Northwestern Ontario, Canada

Just that, if it is fizzy carbonated pop, stir it vigorously or shake it in a sealed bottle and the fizz will dissapate. I do it all the time with ginger ale, especially if my tum is upset. HFCS (high fructos corn syrup) doesn't bother me, the fizz does.

--------------------
Cassandra

Live like there's no tomorrow. Love like you've never loved before.

IBS A 20+ years, Chronic Migraines, Chiari Malformation (decompressed June 22, 2010), Brachial Neuritis, and ??? the list just keeps growing, but I'm still shiny side up!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 341 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 757

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review