All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Re: Veggies - having a hard time eating enough new
      #302592 - 03/19/07 05:29 PM
line415

Reged: 09/09/06
Loc: New Jersey

Can you tolerate tomatoes? How about adding a slice or two of tomato onto your turkey sandwich? I was recently trying to get more veggies too b/c like you I only have them with dinner except for the lettuce and tomato on a sandwich and sometimes a couple of slices of cucumber. So I tried the V8...forgot which one I bought...wasn't that crazy about it...it's sitting in my frig. but it's decent if you just want to drink some in between meals. How about a frozen veggie burger popped in the toaster oven?

--------------------
Originally IBS-D for a million years!
Then IBS-A, Now a transformed slightly C

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

I'm lazy too! new
      #302599 - 03/19/07 06:40 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

I know this sounds warped, but I tend to use a veggie or sort of veggie theme as the centre of my meal (yes, totally out there, I know--who, besides me would bother to give it that much thought!). I love veggie things that sort of cook themselves without much attention on my part, so I tend to roast veggies alot on a cookie sheet and let them carmelize, etc. It's mostly a few minutes of chopping in terms of work for me. I tend to favour summer squashes and zucchinis, mushrooms, peppers, onions and asparagus for roasting.

I don't do salads (that's asking for an attack). Do you like potatoes/sweet potatoes? They're really easy veggie quick fixes. Somedays, my entree is a plate of oven fries of some sort. I love beets and will often roast a bunch of them and refridgerate/eat throughout the week. Greens cook really ultra quickly, so I'm into adding spinach & swiss chard to things.

I'm best friends with frozen veggies--they're so easy to microwave and add to most anything, a soup/stew/sauce/chili/frittata/grain dish or grain salad.

Do you like soy? Soy foods count as veggies. I love grilling tofu for dinner and grilling veggies for wraps/sandwiches (i.e. zucchini, chinese eggplant, portabellas).

A lot of people say that they don't have the time or energy, but when I'm one of those, I use the frozen or canned/ready to microwave and eat variety. There are so many washed/ready to go foods on the market of which to take advantage.

Now that I think about it, the whole veggie thing is sort of a semi-automatic or maybe autonomic (I'm 34 years old) habit. I like a colourful or deeply coloured plate.

I use my food processor and hand blender alot to make things easier to assimilate/process. My hand blender is amazing at making wild impromtu soups/sauces which can hide tons of veggies.

Kate, IBS-D.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 255 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1293

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review