All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
IBS Regression Suggestions
      #300985 - 02/28/07 02:36 PM
Naturapanic

Reged: 02/16/06

Hey, IBS has been AWFUL of late.
I wanted to run a few things by you all, to see if maybe anything stuck out as to WHY this is occuring and WHAT I can do better.
Thanks to your past advice I have SOME confidence as to what maybe going on, but as usual, you guys always are super for any advice plus support.
Thanks again.

Late Feb
1) Things in the last 2 weeks have gotten progressively worse.
I was doing well, and then I started to experience more symptoms of trapped gas, c, and bloating.

Possibilities:
1) I ran out of Miralax last week, and I ran out of VSL on the weekend.
Therefore, for about four days I was taking little if any of both. However as of Monday I resumed taking 1 scoop of Miralax per day and 3 pills of VSL. Do you think running out of these could have contributed to the problem?

2) What about my diet? I haven't been super strict, but generally I haven't deviated from

Meal one
-Oat bran w/applesauce
-Egg beaters

Meat two
-Turkey/lox sandwich
-Baked chips, natural salsa

Meal three
-Egg white shake
-Graham crackers

Meal four
-Chicken/Turkey/Salmon
-Rice/Pasta
-Spinach
-desert

Meal five
-Oat bran/desert
-Graham crackers

-Of note, I ran out of protein last week so I have not been having a protein shake.
-I also have not necessarily been easting five meals spread out by two hours, I have been have three main meals, then snacks like crackers.
-I have not every night been eating spinach and most nights I have not been eating Oat bran as a second snack.
-I wanted to know if this, or anything I am eating (salsa) could be contributing.

3) VSL. I thought this was supposed to achieve major breakthroughs. I have already gone through 60 capsules in about a month. The box recommends 2-8 pills a day, I am 3. I wanted to know if I should increase the dosage or if the current dosage is sufficient if it would be helpful.

4) Amitza. Dr. Lembo has prescribed this for me, believing if it can help constipation it can help latent secondary problems from constipation like trapped gas and bloating.

Summary:
-Late Feb trapped gas, bloating, c bad
-Veering off strict diet(fiber, spinach, fruit, 5 meals, bread, water, oil, cheats)/lack of running/vsl/miralax

-Recommendations?
1) Eat strict
-5 meals
-Spinach
-Fruit
-2 Oat Bran
-Less bread
-Watch oil/desert
-Protein
-Water
2) Exercise
-Run
3) Benefiber
4) Miralax
5) Glutamine
6) Amitza

--------------------
IBS-C and Bloating

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: IBS Regression Suggestions new
      #301064 - 03/01/07 05:00 AM
Jeio

Reged: 09/28/06

I don't know much about the other meds you are taking sorry, but running out of Miralax might have caused you to be more C, which causes cramping. At least for me.

When I was taking Miralax, I was trying to wean myself off it (without taking another laxative), so I tried taking half doses... didn't work and I got worse... That could be due to the fact I was still not ready for this, didn't have enough IF in my diet and so was getting very C without a full dose of miralax.

Running out of protein means you ate more starch (to make up for the calories)? Like more white bread, pasta, rice?

Re: IBS Regression Suggestions new
      #301508 - 03/05/07 07:54 PM
Naturapanic

Reged: 02/16/06

I've been on it for a week again and still am on a dry spell.
I don't get it.

--------------------
IBS-C and Bloating

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 503 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 640

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review