All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Starbucks Soy chai? anyone have trouble with it?
      #281146 - 09/07/06 07:57 AM
Sandyg

Reged: 09/13/04

I normally get this a few times a week when I'm craving a hot drink while I'm out. My stomach is acting up today...rumbling, a little looseness of bowels but I do have a headache also and am wondering if it just may be a bug and not the Chai that I had yesterday.

Anyone have problems with it?
Sandy

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Starbucks Soy chai? anyone have trouble with it? new
      #281156 - 09/07/06 08:29 AM
Smiling Strange

Reged: 07/13/06
Loc: Florida, USA

I'd think there would be caffiene in the chai that could be a trigger, so I've avoided it thus far. A few brands of tea make something like "chai spice" tea, which has all the good spicy chai flavors but none of the black tea that has caffiene. I make "chai" with those kinds of teas and soy or rice milk fairly regularly. Mmmm.

#281167 - 09/07/06 08:54 AM
shandy

Reged: 12/21/04
Loc: Alabama

Oh my, yes, it messes me up bad. I never have D except when I drink that. Well, that's not true, I'm terribly allergic/sensitive to soy, which I think is an under-appreciated allergen. I've also heard that Starbuck's coffee is much stronger and much more irritating than other coffees. I don't drink coffee anymore, but when I did, Starbucks always made me "uncomfortable".

Jennifer

--------------------
Jennifer
42 years old
Neither D nor C - just sluggish

#281171 - 09/07/06 09:59 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

I stayed clear of it because it is a black tea, not herbal... I went to the website

Quote:

TazoŽ Chai Tea Latte Black tea blend with exotic spices, steamed milk and honey
Taste the flavors of India in this steamed TazoŽ blend of rare black teas, milk, exotic spices and comforting vanilla.

The "vanilla" is the syrup which might have HFCS in it too.

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

#281189 - 09/07/06 11:04 AM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Michigan

I get the Tazo Chai Latte Tea Decaffenated made with soy milk and I do just fine with it. Even before I was pregnant. Maybe it is the spices in it. That can be irritating.

#281209 - 09/07/06 12:35 PM
AstroChick

Reged: 12/30/03
Loc: Chicago, IL, USA

If this is the only caffeine you're getting, it'll probably rumble you up a bit. I'll drink it, but only on occasion and when I'm feeling stable (or a bit too C and I wanna get things moving).

--AC

#281981 - 09/13/06 08:38 AM
Chel

Reged: 06/08/06

I recently quit working as a barista at Starbucks... and after giving up coffee (while working there... talk about TOUGH, although when you smell it all the time... and grind it all the time... and have your hands in it all the time...) I switched to soy chai latte's.

I don't drink much - a short, soy, no water, 3 pump chai latte and tend to do ok on that small amount. If I have a larger drink, or an excess of them over time (or if my diet is a little high in fat in other areas) I notice it starts to affect my stomach - gurgly, bloaty, gassy.

It wouldn't take until the next day for it to affect me though, it's pretty immediate.

If I drink an iced soy chai instead, I'm more likely to have trouble. More soy, more chai... because I get, you know... a venti.

Everything to excess?!

#281983 - 09/13/06 08:48 AM
line415

Reged: 09/09/06
Loc: New Jersey

HI. I just started Heather's diet and I'm looking for a substitute for my morning coffee. I keep posing about Rocomojo which I read I think in Heather's book but I'm not sure if you can drink the Rocomojo coffee or just the Rocomojo soy drink (I went to their website but wasn't sure which one to order). What is a Soy Chai Latte? Is that totally safe, does it taste like coffee, and do they sell it to brew at home? Thanks! Linda

--------------------
Originally IBS-D for a million years!
Then IBS-A, Now a transformed slightly C

#282104 - 09/13/06 05:27 PM
ArmyWife87

Reged: 06/05/06
Loc: Canada - East Coast

I have the soy Chai as a treat every now and then. I don't tend to have any problems after I drink it but I usually make sure I have some appropriate food in my tummy first.

It certainly is a good replacement for coffee.....I LOVE Starbucks

--------------------
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away

Does soy Chai taste like coffee or tea? new
      #282166 - 09/14/06 06:23 AM
line415

Reged: 09/09/06
Loc: New Jersey

I'm really in coffee withdrawal...I was only having one cup in the morning but it would get me out of my "cranky" morning person mood! I posted a few times about Rocomojo but nobody has responded. Does the soy Chai taste like coffee or tea? I hate tea!! Thanks

--------------------
Originally IBS-D for a million years!
Then IBS-A, Now a transformed slightly C

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1499 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 17336

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review