All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
weight lifting
      #280806 - 09/04/06 01:42 PM

Unregistered

School started and i decided to take weight lifting, Do any of you people with IBS weight lift? I read that often when your straining during lifting farts can rip and some people get "pooplets".( http://www.stumptuous.com/cms/displayarticle.php?aid=9 I'm a F and I thought weight lifting would be fun and also good for my IBS, but now i'm worried about Weight lifting with IBS. Worried about gas and everything....what should i do, its me and 17 guys in the class..

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: weight lifting new
      #280827 - 09/04/06 09:09 PM
Gracie

Reged: 11/25/05

I lift weights, but not very heavy ones. I think for arms about 5-10lbs, and legs between 30-50lbs. I don't want to bulk, only tone.
Start out with lighter weights, don't start pumping 200 or 300 pounds. Then gradually as you get stronger, increase your weights.

Re: weight lifting new
      #280935 - 09/05/06 01:28 PM

Unregistered

Oh don't worry, you won't bulk up, you can lift whatever you want, you don't have to just lift light ones if you don't want, its a misconception, here's my favorite women's weight lifting sight, she's an expert, http://www.stumptuous.com/cms/displayarticle.php?aid=45
This is very excellent, here have a sample- "A natural female bodybuilder is lean, almost wiry, and certainly not the mythical monsters whom exercising women fear resembling (have a look at my reader letters page to see some examples). "The average woman (that's you) cannot achieve a masculine monster look simply through strength training. You're not going to wake up after a workout and be huge. You don't believe me? OK, then, try to get huge"

I love stumptuous!! new
      #281192 - 09/07/06 11:42 AM
retrograde

Reged: 04/15/04

it's one of my favourite sites, period

hi there! I'm IBS-D and I weight lift quite a bit. I've never had any problems with that. I find that gas for me is a lot more likely to be released doing something like yoga rather than throwing weight around.

the only way you can really know though is to try it out. if you're worried about it in public, try lifting some weights at home (and if you don't have any weights at home, check out Krista's "no weights no problem!" workout using household objects). just throw some heavy stuff around and see how your body responds.

good luck! the world needs more women weight lifters!!!

Re: I love stumptuous!! new
      #281207 - 09/07/06 12:27 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

I can LIFT like a wild woman with no problems.... however from time to time when I squat down or bend down to pick UP the weights... a little air sneaks out!! Lucky for me.....the training studio that I work out of with my Personal Trainer has the music up that nobody ever hears me.... and my trainer & I have an understanding.....LOL

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Re: I love stumptuous!! new
      #281254 - 09/07/06 06:14 PM

Unregistered

well i gotta do it in a public place with like 20 people(guys), im in high school and its a class i took. Well, tommorow is my last day to change classes, i think i'm gonna drop, can't stand all the bodies in there. I also can't stand of the thought of I have to be there for an hour a day, everyday, i mean I want to work out by choice..Weight lifting also seems really boring, i was all excited to try something new and found a website to go along with the weightlifting, but now i can't stand it anymore.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1317 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1630

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review