All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
chocolate
      #276814 - 08/03/06 03:20 AM
sophiejay

Reged: 07/26/06
Loc: England

Hellllpppp mmeeee im in seriouse need of chocolate! I've eliminated all dairy from my diet and seen a vast improvement in just a short time, but i need chocolate does any one know where i can get milk chocolate substitutes? (I dont like dark chcolate!)And which ones taste the best i dont want to wreck the benefits of being dairy free by giving in to cravings! Any advice welcome thanks againxxxx

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: chocolate new
      #276815 - 08/03/06 04:02 AM
Zara

Reged: 06/07/06

You could try to mix chocolate powder with soy milk and sugar for a hot chocolate drink - I know, it's not the same but it might help.

--------------------
IBS-C, bloating, cramps
pregnant

Vegan Chocolate new
      #276816 - 08/03/06 05:00 AM
Knewada

Reged: 11/07/05
Loc: Ohio

My sister is a vegan and buys milk free chocolates and hot chocolate at Wild Oats. I'm sure that a lot of natural stores will have a small selection. And some may consider stocking some if asked.

Will ask her what she buys now when I talk to her this weekend.

I thought the chocolate syrups didn't have milk in them?

Just started eating vegetarian and slowly on my way to a vegan diet. (For health)

--------------------
If one end don’t get yah, the other will.

#276817 - 08/03/06 05:03 AM
franny

Reged: 05/16/05
Loc: N. FL

I really liked Chocolate Silk soy milk. And remember that there are some fabulous chocolate recipes on this board. Look them up and dig in.....I'm not a big chocolate addict but I do like some now and then. I'm more a sugar anything and starch fan.

--------------------
Franny
IBS/D
Celiac

#276973 - 08/03/06 01:49 PM
susieannah

Reged: 02/13/05
Loc: sussex, england

Hi sophie
I dont know if it was you I said to about this before but I'm the same love my chocolate, hate dark chocolate which tastes like your chewing on cocoa powder! The best thing I have found is waitrose plain chocolate, its not bitter and it has that smooth creamy texture of milk chocolate, believe me I understand your reluctance, and believe me when I say I have tried them all and honestly this is the closest thing you will get. One other thing for a real chocolatey hit is the choc fudge brownie pudding thing which was on one of the newsletters, its yummy! I only add half the flour to make it really gooey. Hope all that helps let me know how you get on, oh and one last thing stay away from carob its disgusting urgh, cant believe the people in the shop let me buy it and put it in my mouth!!!

#277002 - 08/03/06 03:15 PM
JustMe

Reged: 06/29/06
Loc: NY

http://rosschocolates.ca/qry/Index-2.html

#277131 - 08/04/06 11:54 AM
sophiejay

thank you thank you thak you thank you thank you!!!!!!!!!!THANK YOU! Your and angel!xxxxxxx

#277132 - 08/04/06 11:56 AM
sophiejay

thank you for the advice i'm heading down to waitrose thank you you are a god!!!! I totally agree about the carob yuck! Thanks againxxxxx

#277135 - 08/04/06 11:58 AM
sophiejay

thants so strange because i do that when i need a warm chcolatly drink i use cocoa powder water and soy milk. Thanks againxxxx

#277229 - 08/05/06 04:29 AM
julievn

Reged: 07/08/06
Loc: stoke on trent england

hi susieannah
it was me you posted to about waitrose chocolate as i was whining about how vile the dairy free stuff was
i have looked and my closest waitrose is 30 miles away ! i am gutted! i really need chocolate at certain times of the month or i turn into a monster
julie

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1647 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3041

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review