All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)
I DID IT!! (Ordered My First Can Of Acacia Tummy Fiber )
      #272027 - 07/01/06 04:34 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

I can't wait to try it.... hope it works for me... I would LOVE to save money on FS... that is my main reason for finally giving in...LOL A bottle of Citrucel pills (90 count) was only lasting me 6 days at $16.32 per bottle including tax and I wanted to increase my FS too.... dang...at $0.18 cents per pill (2 pills = 1 gram fiber... so I'm only getting 7.5 grams per day now....I need a little more still)...I'm going broke!! So, I'm really hoping that the Acacia works for me!!

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: I DID IT!! (Ordered My First Can Of Acacia Tummy Fiber ) new
      #272028 - 07/01/06 04:37 PM
Janey

Reged: 10/25/03
Loc: Maryland

Good for you Shell. Welcome over to the other side, LOL! I love acacia. I have no problems taking it and it is so easy. Now if Heather can come out with acacia in pill form it would be perfect.

Have a great weekend!

--------------------
Janey

#272032 - 07/01/06 04:43 PM
Shell Marr

yes, the pill form would be GREAT this is going to be a big adjustment (remembering) for me...cuz right now... I take 5 pills (in the car, I keep a bottle in there) on the way to the office, 5 pills (in the car) in the parking lot at the beginning of my lunch hour and 5 pills at home before dinner, I have a bottle in my pill bucket with the other stuff like vitamins, glucosimin...etc, that I take then too. And they are so easy to throw into a baggie for my purse if we go somewhere.... so, while I was REI today...I bought some little 2oz containers with flip tops so that I can use those for travel and also another larger one with a screw top to take to my office...I will just have to mix and drink before I leave for lunch each day...should not be a big deal. Usually my only hot meal is my oatmeal at 10:30am and only sometimes is my dinner hot to try the "sprinkle method" lol I'll play with it...I'll find something to make it work!!

--------------------

#272039 - 07/01/06 05:08 PM
Janey

Reged: 10/25/03
Loc: Maryland

It will be an adjustment but once you get into the habit it will be easy. I put mine in my oatmeal in the morning and sometimes in the afternoon I will make a smoothie and put it in. Honestly, after my morning dose sometimes I forget or I am not home and am not in a situation where I can take it in something. When I was working I would put acacia in my hot tea or in a plastic container with chilled tea.

--------------------
Janey

Acacia Tummy Fiber in Water new
      #272049 - 07/01/06 06:21 PM
rlhilliard

Reged: 08/05/05
Loc: Racine, WI

I put mine in water...it makes it really easy for me. =) It takes a little bit not to be clumpy, but that is fine with me.

--------------------
yep, it's me,
Rebecca

Re: Acacia Tummy Fiber in Water new
      #272054 - 07/01/06 08:12 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

I put mine in water...it makes it really easy for me. =) It takes a little bit not to be clumpy, but that is fine with me.

Can you give me example of how much YOU are using (grams) and how much water with it.... just to get an idea...

--------------------

#272055 - 07/01/06 08:13 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

It will be an adjustment but once you get into the habit it will be easy. I put mine in my oatmeal in the morning and sometimes in the afternoon I will make a smoothie and put it in. Honestly, after my morning dose sometimes I forget or I am not home and am not in a situation where I can take it in something. When I was working I would put acacia in my hot tea or in a plastic container with chilled tea.

How long were you able to keep it mixed with the chilled tea? Did it ever thinken up on ya?

--------------------

#272064 - 07/01/06 08:52 PM
franny

Reged: 05/16/05
Loc: N. FL

Shell I do mine a little different. At home I have these little 1/4c plastic containers with lids. I use 1T of acacia with the rest of the cup with juice or other cold liquid (Acacia works better in cold then hot/warm liquid). I stir it gently but let it sit about 15 min (do my hair or brush my teeth) then it's good to go. I mix up 3 at a time and keep them in the frig for morning and evening (1T in each small cup) never had one get thick. For travel I use the containers that my husband gets his diabetes test strips in, a 35mm film canister would work too. Then when I'm away I buy juice to put each dose in. Heather explained in another topic that 1T=6gr. Oh and I also order 3 bulk bags at a time and store one bag at a time in a sealed jar. It is so much cheaper than the other products that I was buying.

--------------------
Franny
IBS/D
Celiac

I use it and it's fantaaaaastic!!! *nt
      #272078 - 07/01/06 11:00 PM
hohoyumyum

Reged: 05/28/03
Loc: SacTown, CA

--------------------
If you're not dead, you've still got time.

Re: I DID IT!! (Ordered My First Can Of Acacia Tummy Fiber )
      #272116 - 07/02/06 09:54 AM
Gracie

Reged: 11/25/05

I haven't tried it yet either, but I think I will in August. I just have something coming up where I can't be in the between stage trying to adjust to a new fibre supplement.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1276 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 46164

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review