All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Celiac/Gluten Intolerance
      #270916 - 06/25/06 03:12 PM
e_mcmaster

Reged: 01/16/05
Loc: Norman, Oklahoma

I want to urge everyone who didn't get 100% relief from IBS treatments to try a gluten-free diet (for at least 6 months). I felt better on the IBS diet, but never experienced the relief a lot of people did. Out of desperation, even though I'd tested negative for celiac through blood tests, I tried a gluten-free diet. Immediate (which is rare) relief! I've been gluten-free for 2.5 months now and never dreamed I could feel this good again!

--------------------
Elizabeth

all those years it wasn't IBS - it was celiac!
send me an email: liz@dopple.net

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Celiac/Gluten Intolerance new
      #271408 - 06/28/06 11:51 AM
crew

Reged: 06/24/05

Same story for me. Going gluten free has completely done away with my gas, and significantly reduced my bloating!

e_cmaster, Are you only cutting out Gluten .. or are you combining the Gluten Free diet with the IBS diet?

Re: Celiac/Gluten Intolerance new
      #271924 - 06/30/06 06:52 PM
e_mcmaster

I sort of follow the IBS diet. I know that I can't handle high fat foods and I can't have dairy at all, but other than that, I don't follow the IBS diet. I don't need to - artificial sweeteners, caffeine, etc. don't bother me. But fat and dairy does.

I think it depends on the person. I'm hoping that after my intestines start to heal, digesting fat won't be as much of a problem anymore.

Good luck to you!

--------------------
Elizabeth

Hi, Elizabeth... new
      #271978 - 07/01/06 07:35 AM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

It's good to hear from you and great to know you've found relief.

Your signature still says you're getting married on June 10. I assume that's now happened - I hope your wedding day was great!

Take care.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

Elizabeth! new
      #272006 - 07/01/06 11:44 AM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

good to see/hear you...wedding report overdue

--------------------
S.

Re: Hi, Elizabeth... new
      #272037 - 07/01/06 05:00 PM
e_mcmaster

Hi Sand!!

Yes, the wedding was WONDERFUL! Pictures can be found on our website: www.mattandelizabeth.net/

The front page tells you how to get to the other page that has viewing instructions.

How are YOU doing?

--------------------
Elizabeth

Wedding Report! new
      #272040 - 07/01/06 05:13 PM
e_mcmaster

Everything was perfect! Matt showed up , our extremely pregnant wedding planner didn't go into labor until 2 weeks later (much to our surprise!), my dress looked gorgeous and I got to visit with all my friends and family!

Matt took me to the Gaylord Texan resort for our wedding night - big surprise! The room was covered in yellow roses (the Texas state flower) and it was beautiful! We went to the Sandals resort in the Bahamas for a week for our honeymoon and it was wonderful, too!

I'm totally in marital bliss - nothing has really changed except we are now legally married, which is how I wanted it to be. Things couldn't be better! (Ok, if we were given a wedding present of $40 billion dollars that would definitely be better, but given the likeliness of that... )

Oh, and our website is updated: mattandelizabeth.net . You can look at our pictures on there.

Thanks for asking!

--------------------
Elizabeth

Re: Wedding Report! new
      #272045 - 07/01/06 05:31 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

so happy for you both... your pics are great...you make such a pretty bride... handsome groom too!

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

#272288 - 07/03/06 08:56 AM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

What a wonderful site, Elizabeth. I just looked through the part I didn't have to sign up for, but it was great fun. And your wedding dress was gorgeous, as were you.

I'm doing well IBS-wise - stable enough to know how often and how much I can "cheat" without getting myself in trouble. I recently started the hypno program to help clear away residual angst from when I wasn't doing so well.

Joe and I are planning some day trips this summer and then a longer trip in September to see baseball games, including meeting my Alabama-based brother and his wife in Chicago for a Cubs game. My poor, long-suffering brother is a dedicated Cubs fan - although he also roots for the Braves which, until this year, gave him a winning team to cheer for.

Take care, enjoy married life, and do pop in from time to time and let us know how you're doing. It's been old home week around here lately: Melissa, Maria, Linz, you. Now if Kree and Laurel (Retrograde) would pop their heads in, I think all the people I consider "old timers" will have shown up.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

#272289 - 07/03/06 08:59 AM
e_mcmaster

How funny to be considered an old timer!

It sounds like you are going to have a wonderful summer and early fall. I'm so glad to hear that your tummy is behaving!!!

I'll keep popping in to see how everyone is doing.

Take care!

--------------------
Elizabeth

Re: Wedding Report! new
      #272290 - 07/03/06 08:59 AM
e_mcmaster

Thanks so much, Shell!

--------------------
Elizabeth

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1347 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2260

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review