All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)
I'm letting this thread stand as is... new
      #266934 - 06/01/06 09:44 AM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

it's from a long-time poster and, as other people responding to her have noted, sex questions come up on this board and there should be options for that. I realize there are some people who won't find this topic appropriate, but I need to balance that with other people's genuine need to have their IBS questions answered. I don't think this post crossed a line.

Best,
Heather

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: I'm letting this thread stand as is... new
      #266938 - 06/01/06 09:52 AM
Alli

Reged: 04/23/05

Hah, I win. ...Just kidding. I would understand, Heather, if you feel the need to delete this post. I would not be offended or anything, and I also would not leave these boards. I just hope that I haven't offended anybody enough for them to hold a grudge against me or something.

Anyway, for anyone who is also interested in this questionable topic, I have researched the contents of semen, and it contains things that we cannot safely digest.
The average ejaculate contains aboutonia, ascorbic acid, blood-group antigens, calcium, chlorine, cholesterol, choline, citric acid, creatine, deoxyribonucleic acid (DNA), fructose, glutathione, hyaluronidase, inositol, lactic acid, magnesium, nitrogen, phosphorus, potassium, purine, pyrimidine, pyruvic acid, sodium, sorbitol, spermidine, spermine, urea, uric acid, vitamin B12, and zinc.
The caloric content of an average ejaculate is estimated to be approximately 15 calories.

But is it enough to actually cause an attack with someone who has ibs? Hmm.

#266943 - 06/01/06 10:03 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Great post Heather!

Alli:
15 calories... !?@$?#$?# LOL

Thank you for this very educational post... I'm going to be going in for my anual visit to the female doctor.... I just might ask her what her feelings are...about it maybe causing an IBS attack.... (thougth - maybe it is just the intake of extra air that is causing the problem?) I'll report my findings if I'm brave enough to really ask her! LOL

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

This is very interesting... new
      #266952 - 06/01/06 10:15 AM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

thanks for the info Alli.
Sensible reaction too Heather, thanks.

I find that any bedroom activity gives me D/cramping tendencies (but that doesn't stop me )

--------------------
S.

#266956 - 06/01/06 10:20 AM
Alli

Hahaha. That would be great. I can ask anyone anything, I usually get reactions similiar or far worst then these, so I'm really not bothered by it. However, I consider people on these boards as friends, so I really wouldn't want to upset anyone.
The reason that I asked is that I keep getting a sore throat by it, and also the allergies that a small percentage of people have with semen. Most people with ibs are far more sensitive to ..everything! Also, I think semen is a base? Not an acid. I think. So, I don't know how it would really react with us.
Some people are far more touchy with certain foods then other people. Some times if I have a sip of warm water, I bloat! But I'm thinking, maybe we should stay away from consuming things before researching about them.

Re: This is very interesting... new
      #266958 - 06/01/06 10:24 AM
Alli

I know it is. Hahah.
I am usually okay with actual intercourse. (Don't know about anal ..never tried. That's a whole other topic, right there. ) But sex usually relaxes me, which is excellent for ibs, right? ..Although sometimes it causes me to breathe differently which may cause bloating, for me at least.

Re: Wow ...Okay... new
      #267039 - 06/01/06 07:28 PM
gigi

Reged: 03/21/04
Loc: South Texas

I have been posting on this board for several years. Personally, I think something is terribly wrong in this world when people can't take thier minds off of themselves long enough to think about others. As posted earlier, we have pre-teens and teens looking for help here also. Sometimes I believe that we are the only people in their lives they can go to for help and understanding. It doesn't matter what type of heading you put on your post, they are going to read it anyway, they are kids. They are the ones I am thinking of, yes, sex is a very open and discussed topic, sometimes too open and too often discussed in inapropriate places. If there were no young people posting and reading here, normally I would have no problem with it.
I just don't personaly have a need to share with everyone the most intimate moments I share with my h. I can ask questions and have them answered that won't be brought out into the open boards. My grandchildren are precious to me, and if one of them had walked in and red Ali's post, I would have spent time explaining something to them that they are too young to understand and should'nt have to understand. What offends me personally is the idea that anything seems to go these days, anytime and anywhere. If you think it, you may as well say it.

So, I do not expect an apology, I do know that I don't have to stay around and read this stuff. I have been a member here for a long time, and made many good friends who feel the same way I do. I am feeilng that I don't matter, and the time I have spent here learning and helping others means nothing.
I don't mind saying again, I have seen people kicked off for much less content or action.

My last question being? IF something irritates your throat and makes it sore, why in the world would you continue to do it!!!! hah, I guess you would have to go online to get the answers.

My friends here know who I am, and I know who they are. Common Courtesy must have gone out the window the minute someone decided that sex is an open and easily talked about subject. Its ok, I am great! And I will continue to be great and feel great! I learned a long time ago what my triggers are and how to eat. I hope the rest of you may be so blessed!!!

Heather,sad to see this happen. I have really enjoyed many topics and your many emails. I am moving on with my life, I like to correspond with those who think of others feelings and take the time to soothe and old friendship that is walking out the door!!

Good call, Heather! new
      #267045 - 06/01/06 07:58 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

Not that you need my validation or anything, but I don't think it crossed any lines, either. It's a genuine question, and Alli was totally up-front about it dealing with a potentially offensive topic. If you don't want to talk about sex, don't get into the discussion.

Teens and pre-teens, by the way, can find FAR worse things elsewhere online, trust me. Most teenagers already know more about all this stuff than someone twice their age anyway. LOL

Alli - I've never had it trigger an attack. Sore throat, yes. IBS problems, no. I would guess that any triggering substances in semen would be in small enough amounts that it wouldn't cause a problem unless you were REALLY super gut-unstable (at which point just about anything will trigger you, you know?)

Re: Wow ...Okay... new
      #267048 - 06/01/06 08:05 PM
Alli

Sex! Of course it is an open topic these days. Of course it is. And do you know how many lives that will save? Less STDs, less pregnancies, the world is really a better place ever since people started speaking openly about things.
I am also only 17. I admit, I'm young, but also mature. I honestly don't think there are any immature pre-teens/teens on these boards. Any young person on these boards that are reading and asking questions about ibs and the ibs diet are definately not immature -they are taking it upon themselves to get well, and to learn. I have been on these boards for a while now. I've easily read all types of questionable posts when I was in junior high without being disturbed. If a child is reading these boards, they are definately not immature, let me tell you. I know I wasn't.
I know I can be blatant and offensive, but I want to learn just as much as anyone else. About anything. Delete this post if you want, but it could be a possibility that such a sexual act can be unsafe for ibs!! Apparantly, semen contains sorbitol which isn't good even in small amounts, I don't think.
It's a shame that you find it difficult to handle the fact that sex is becoming such an open topic. I think it's a good thing. I really do. It will help a lot of people.

Re: Considering we do have teens and pre-teens here... new
      #267057 - 06/01/06 08:31 PM
LostCode

Reged: 04/04/06

She's 17 and it's probably close to her last day of school. It's obviously not in great taste(pun not intended) but think back to when you were that young. It's tough for me to be too critical.

--------------------
Jon - (IBS C)

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2393 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 39604

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review