All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | (show all)
I should add new
      #266254 - 05/29/06 07:01 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

for many people nothing really works that well, but Heather's diet plan is the best thing there is to do. There is nothing better! How could there be? since it stresses eating things that make your stomach behave as well as possible. Other than that I think we have to do our part, but for some their symptoms will never go away. As far as what we put in our mouths, there is nothing that will work better than this plan!

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Help A New Person! new
      #266263 - 05/29/06 10:08 PM
b2k2mom

Reged: 05/29/06

I too am a new person to the site. Until just recently, I thought the way my bowels worked was normal. My doctor told me about the site.

I am currently in a bad D cycle and am having a very hard time getting myself back to 'normal'. What are some things I can do to stop this nastiness. I haven't ever really had such a hard time getting my system to stop the spasms.

so true!!! new
      #266289 - 05/30/06 05:22 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

I am mostly stable, when I'm not its usually caused by meds, or stress or eating wrong.. I was an uncontrollable A and DH can testify that my tummy is no longer in control of large portions of my life! good luck!

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

Thank you.... new
      #266304 - 05/30/06 06:50 AM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

I'll have to check it out. I am asking others to please add their input. I think I will start posting my foods if people would be willing to make suggestions/alterations.

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Re: Beth! new
      #266305 - 05/30/06 06:55 AM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

Thanks LM. Is MOM an IF source?

Does the banana serve as your SF base for the orange. I'm so terrified of oranges. (and bananas are sort of iffy too).

For lunch....what are wheat dollar buns? Is the banana your only SF base?

And then dinner, the rice is white, not brown, right?

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

b2k2mom new
      #266318 - 05/30/06 07:37 AM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

Welcome to the Boards. I think it's great your doctor recommended this site.

I would definitely try the Break The Cycle Diet for 2-3 days to soothe your gut, then start adding safe foods in carefully. Also, Imodium can be very helpful when you're trying to stabilize.

As someone else said, you'll probably get more responses if you make your own new post, but I hope this helps enough to get you started.

Good luck.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

Re: Help A New Person! new
      #266372 - 05/30/06 10:33 AM
kshsmom

Reged: 11/20/03

I think you've gotten some good answers and direction about the travel. I would also add that with the... pattern of your bowel problems - I would try using a diary of your foods and possibly stressors too to see if you can see what may trigger the changes. I have not known anyone to be quite so regular in their changes as that -- without doing something that triggered it. It may be a food that you eat -- a change in your schedule.... I don't know. Hopefully using the diary will help you uncover what may be causing you problems. You will also be able to tell really how much water you're drinking in a day -- how much fiber you're getting and so on.

Good luck and have fun!

Re: Favor to ask of LM, Angela, Maria, Ashely, and all of you! new
      #266393 - 05/30/06 11:45 AM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

here's an example of yesterday..

(BTW.. I take no SFS and no meds)

Breakfast- corn pops (dry)

Lunch- turkey sandwich on white bread with mustard and lettuce

Dinner- Grilled Chicken breast, Corn, Potatoes, and a salad with romaine, broccoli slaw and red onions.

--------------------

Re: Does Heather's diet really help people or are we just trying to believe it does? new
      #266406 - 05/30/06 12:16 PM
Harmony

Reged: 01/08/05

I love Heathers eating plans and her book saved my life. My first Gastro Dr. hated her. But now after the tests done by the new one, and the changes in supplements, I am well on my way to less attacks. I have been trying to figure out how to add back in something new to drink besides water. I am avoiding the caffiene. So what do you do to make a cool drink, does koolaide work, or do we need to stick with fruit juices. I would appreciate all ideas, I am missing ice teas and soda like gingerale, and 7up. What's some good choices. And what doesn't have the high frutose that triggers us. Thanks, and happy baby trails to you...:)

Re: Does Heather's diet really help people or are we just trying to believe it does? new
      #266413 - 05/30/06 12:35 PM
whoopiecushion

Reged: 11/17/04
Loc: South Carolina

I love coming to this site and reading everyones success stories and it just makes me feel good to know I am not alone, however, Heather's diet did not help me at all, my stomach blows up with severe gas whether I eat a can of beans or a bowl of plain pasta or bread, some symptoms are minimized though, but it is not anywhere near making my life a better one, I can't even handle the acacia supplment. I cannot stomach the fennel either, but thats not anyones fault but my own. Maybe the future fennel capsules may do me some good, I will try them when they are available. I think that this diet truly does help some people, but everyone knows IBS and its triggers are different for everyone, so not everyone will be lucky to find that life altering event that some have found in the diet. No matter what I do, I find myself in that bathroom sitting on that toilet, whether it's a McDonalds Hamburger and fries or eating sour dough bread all day. I can't walk, eat, or breath without getting terrible gas. My inside blow up until I feel like I will explode. Then each morning I am in that bathroom all morning and then I go to work and I am sitting in there again. Taking out the insoluble fiber or removing fats or changing ingredients in recipes does not ever change that sad fact. But I am happy for those that it does. I have finally put up the surrender flag to IBS. I was once a person with such an adventurous spirit, I loved doing things and going places, but IBS killed me. The me that I am now is not me at all anymore. I am gone. Is the person writing this depressed?
Probably. But I still go on everyday, go to work everyday because I have to, sit in that bathroom at work everyday, mortified at what people hear coming out of that room. If a doctor would perform an operation to remove my intestines so that I would never have to sit on a toilet again, I would do it. I would rather wear a bag than sit one more minute in that torture chamber. How is that for an inspiriational story.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1304 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 83756

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review