All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | (show all)
Favor to ask of LM, Angela, Maria, Ashely, and all of you! new
      #266146 - 05/29/06 06:08 AM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

It's general concesus that we need more IF. If possible, would it please, please, please be possible for you all to list a few of you typical daily menus on the eating or fitness boards? INCLUDING your SFS amounts...when and how much. Or Miralax, etc.(hopefully, some of the Cs can still go without an SFS as they are rough on me).

I know it's a big favor, but your input might be invaluable to us who doubt are SF and IF intake amounts.

Thank you so much. I hope you all don't mind.

Thank you again!

Oh, can I say please again!

Love and hugs

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

I'm with Casey new
      #266162 - 05/29/06 07:35 AM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

I think the two of us joined almost around the same time and started our AD at a similar time too. We both had a year of hell but with Heather's diet we are both very stable right now.

If you don't treat your tummy right and put triggers into it, you'll never get better. To me, that's the bottom line.

It's been the miracle for me new
      #266170 - 05/29/06 09:23 AM
kshsmom

Reged: 11/20/03

I'm IBS A -- I have attacks that usually start out D - then go C - then pain....

Thankfully since starting with the diet I have had such a change -- it has been amazing. Not only do I not constantly check for bathrooms everywhere I go -- but I have lost tons of weight, my cholesterol levels are down... things are just better overall. I still have my days -- usually if I have cheated -- or not done something I was supposed to. Stress kills too. However - overall quality of life is up so much since starting this -- I can't thank Heather enough for sharing all she does. Avoiding triggers - getting a good amount of fiber (soluble & insoluble) - drinking that water ... all so important!

Help A New Person! new
      #266173 - 05/29/06 09:52 AM
Cindy Lou

Reged: 05/29/06

I just discovered this website this morning! I am trying to get acquainted with terms, products, etc. I have had IBS for many, many years but lately its been worse. My gastro put me on Zelnorm last week....honestly can't say its done anything to help and I was so hopeful. I have C that always turns to D about every 4 to 6 days. Can someone help a new person with a question?? My husband and I are taking a 4 day trip to the Grand Canyon the end of this week and I don't want to spend one day sick in a motel room....any easy suggestions to help me through this week and our trip?

Re: Help A New Person! new
      #266185 - 05/29/06 11:32 AM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

Hi Cindy Lou,

Welcome to the boards

There are lots of travel tips on the boards, mostly it's a question of bringing safe food with you and keeping your meds close at hand, as well as forward planning.

This is a link to a really good post with travel tips:
Shawn Eric's link to travel tips

Have fun, I went to the Grand Canyon last year and I LOVED it.

--------------------
S.

Colonic inertia is NOT the same thing as IBS. -nt- new
      #266190 - 05/29/06 01:23 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Colon Hydrotherapy is the KEY! new
      #266193 - 05/29/06 01:54 PM
Tammi Smith

Reged: 05/29/06
Loc: Nashville,TN. (USA)

I was sick for so long! I started Heather's diet and it helped. But I still felt a little bloated & constipated. I found out about colon hydrotherapy, and now I'm 35 lbs lighter and I feel great, as long as I stick to the IBS diet! P.S. I am now a colon hydrotherapist in Nashville,TN. Call for an appointment (615)972-3663. 80% of my patients have IBS, and colon hydrotherapy along with Heather's website has been their mericle! Tammi

Re: Help A New Person! new
      #266244 - 05/29/06 05:47 PM
hohoyumyum

Reged: 05/28/03
Loc: SacTown, CA

You'll probably get more responses if you post this as its own thread here. Whenever I take trips I eat only safe foods for a day or 2 before I go. I drin k lots of water and keep Imodium on hand at all times. I'm strictly a D, so I can't really give you any tips for the C.

--------------------
If you're not dead, you've still got time.

Beth! new
      #266248 - 05/29/06 06:29 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

Of course you know I've given up posting on the fitness board in general, but I have a few minutes, so I'll go over there now and post what I ate today. Look for it!

Re: Beth! new
      #266253 - 05/29/06 06:54 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

I'll do an average day for me.
Malt o meal and soy milk with stevia and 1/4c raisins and 1T acacia in the cereal
luna bar
banana and orange for first break and possibly few cookies
2 wheat dollar buns (not that wheaty), turkey, lite mayo, pickle, tomato and lettuce
banana and a large fruit salad of pineapple, melon and berries
Dinner: usually a soluble base like rice or whatever and a 1/3 of the plate of IF veggie like brocoli or asparagus or sometimes salad
tea with 1T acacia
small snack like dark chocolate or Tofutti fudge bar
That is my usual day. I tend to eat the same thing everyday you know.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 513 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 83738

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review