All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | (show all)
Re: Help A New Person! new
      #266913 - 06/01/06 08:31 AM
scahays

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: washington

I have the same symptoms you do. Following the diet has really helped, but when I cheat to much, I pay.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

safe summer drinks new
      #266915 - 06/01/06 08:33 AM
AstroChick

Reged: 12/30/03
Loc: Chicago, IL, USA

How about herbal iced tea? Or decaf iced tea? My particular favorite is brewing up half decaf Liptons and half a fruity herb tea - the fruit makes it sweet enough that you don't have to add sugar if you don't want to. And of course there's peppermint iced tea, which is particularly nice if you mix in some sugar while it's still hot so it dissolves nicely.

--AC

Holy Moly. new
      #267102 - 06/01/06 10:01 PM
hohoyumyum

Reged: 05/28/03
Loc: SacTown, CA

What a crappy thing to have to deal with. The stool sample that renee21 suggested might be a good idea. Especially if you two have similar problems. I sure hope you're able to find some answers.

--------------------
If you're not dead, you've still got time.

Re: What about stool samples? new
      #267266 - 06/02/06 01:27 PM
whoopiecushion

Reged: 11/17/04
Loc: South Carolina

Yes I was tested for parasites, and they came back negative.
Thanks though. I had a granola bar, peppermint tea and bread for lunch, and I just got out of the bathroom at work after a half hour sitting in there deflating myself for the 4th time today. Such fun. My coworkers must think there is a war going on in the bathroom when I am in there.
How can a person have any class with all of this gas.

Re: Holy Moly. new
      #267267 - 06/02/06 01:33 PM
whoopiecushion

Reged: 11/17/04
Loc: South Carolina

I like your quote about the books. I go to the library and take about 6 books out at a time. I have read so many books that sometimes I can't remember what I have read. Since I have spent anywhere from 2 to 3 hours a day on the toilet every day for the past 20 years, you can see how I would have the time to read so much. To tell you the truth the books are what keep me sane. Thanks for all your tips.

Re: Holy Moly. new
      #267279 - 06/02/06 02:06 PM
hohoyumyum

Reged: 05/28/03
Loc: SacTown, CA

I love to read. I always keep books in the bathroom. My hubby does, too. But that's just because he likes to sit and read. He doesn't even have IBS or any other GI issues.

--------------------
If you're not dead, you've still got time.

#267382 - 06/03/06 07:15 AM
MamaCat

Reged: 04/09/06
Loc: NJ

I sympathize with your workplace bathroom experience! I'm a teacher and there isn't any private ladies room in the building. On days when I know I won't be able to get out of the stall for awhile, I have to stay home. IBS and work is a nightmare.

Obviously your situation of bathroom runs @ work causes stress, but I was wondering if you are in a very high-stress job otherwise? Do you think that your gut is responding a lot to stress as well?

--------------------
IBS-D!

Renee and whoopiecushion - b. hominis and multiple testing new
      #267385 - 06/03/06 07:42 AM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

Renee, your mention of b. hominis rang a bell. If you do a Search across all Boards with no time limit for hominis, you'll find some earlier discussion on this, including treatment options.

Whoopie, it may take more than one stool sample to detect parasites. Quest - a big testing lab in the US - recommends three to be sure. And if you do the same Search I recommended to Renee, you'll find some references to Great Smoky Lab (they now call themselves something different but the links still work). They do extensive testing for all kinds of stuff.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

Re: Renee and whoopiecushion - b. hominis and multiple testing new
      #267387 - 06/03/06 08:01 AM
renee21

Reged: 06/02/05
Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

How funny, Sand, I just finished a new post on this subject when I saw yours. I did do a search on this site re: b. hominis, but the results didn't really make it clear to me what kind of treatment I should be pursuing. Maybe I'll search some more...

--------------------
IBS-C, lots of spasm and trapped gas.

#267492 - 06/04/06 05:25 AM
fedupwithgas

Reged: 05/18/06

Hey MamaCat I'm a teacher too. Not only do we have to cope with no private bathrooms, but we can't just get up and "go" when we need to. Can't leave our students unattended. And we only get 3 minutes to do it!
I really think that is the reason I have IBS. Over the summer, it settles down trmendously!

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2420 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 83735

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review