All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | (show all)
But what about... new
      #266007 - 05/28/06 05:34 AM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

...when some IBS-C folks try to add insoluble, it hurts and the trouble gets worse. And many cannot, unfortunately, find that they can tolerate the Acacia...or any other SFS.

This is one of ccckkk's other posts where this is explained. web page
I'm not trying to cause problems...but hoping for more advice when this is happens. What's a C to do then?

And how do we know for sure that we are getting enough SF before an IF, but not too much? Could it be that some folks just can't handle any IF without pain even though the IF is needed to "go"?

Okay, that last paragraph was probably rhetorical. I know everyone is different, right. UGH, this is such a puzzle.

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: But what about... new
      #266025 - 05/28/06 08:52 AM
Gracie

Reged: 11/25/05

Did you stop eating the IF you started a week or two ago?

Re: Does Heather's diet really help people or are we just trying to believe it does? new
      #266028 - 05/28/06 09:11 AM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Michigan

YES! I have been following this now for almost two years and I am IBS-C. I will tell you that I have had IBS for about 10years but was only diagnosed with it two years ago. It got so bad after having my son. I was down to 125 and for someone who is 5'9 and ususally around 150 that was dramatic. I started out very strict and I mean strict. I didn't eat anything with any traces of milk in it and I started taking the Acacia. I experienced gas and bloating for awhile but I was going to the bathroom every day even if it was only little poos. Eventually I started making recipes from the index which were a huge support for me because I started eating "regular" foods with substitutions and my hubby and family were supportive. Which I know not everyone has. Eventually after about 6 months I started eating more things that had traces of dairy in them like things like caesin. I wanted to see how I could tolerate them. I do just fine with things like this. But that's me and I only found this out from eliminating everything I could possible. I am almost 2 years into this and have had maybe 3 major attacks. One due to my fault and the other two when I got pregnant again and my hormones were crazy.

Acacia has helped me tremendously and I will tell you I stopped taking it after I got pregnant until I could talk to my doctor. It was the most miserable month of my life and that is where my two attacks came from. I am now back on it and very happy. Plus pregnancy has allowed me to cheat a bit which is a nice plus. When you are C you HAVE to eat IF. I try to at lunch and dinner for sure. Whether it be an apple with skin on that i can tolerate or veggies. You have to find a balance. But the other big thing is that I REFUSE to let this rule my life. Stress is my trigger and I try to eliminate worrying about my stomach issues. It makes it worse. I know I have repeated what many others have said but I hope this helps to hear from someone else.

Not everything new
      #266035 - 05/28/06 10:39 AM
Augie

I gave up the Sushi and I'm only doing one new thing at a time.

Sorry about the confusion. I never stopped the IF...but the pain never stopped either. And ccckkk also mentioned that every time he/she tries to add IF, he/she hurts.

It reinforced the thought that IF, for some, is just always going to cause pain.

I think I'll shut up on this one for a while. It was interesting to read what everyone has said, though.

--------------------
~ Beth

Angela *DELETED* new
      #266043 - 05/28/06 10:58 AM
Augie

Post deleted by Augie

--------------------
~ Beth

Hypno was what helped stopped worrying about my tummy issues. *nt new
      #266057 - 05/28/06 01:26 PM
hohoyumyum

Reged: 05/28/03
Loc: SacTown, CA

--------------------
If you're not dead, you've still got time.

GOOD POINT!! new
      #266083 - 05/28/06 05:36 PM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

I'm a D.. and I probably eat more IF than most of the C's on these boards! I think thats something C's need to keep a close eye on.. because it is even more important for them to have IF... and if possible.. to have as much IF and SF.

I think anything will hurt the first time, but thats because avoiding anything for long enough will make you intolerant. However, building up slowly is the only way to go.

--------------------

Re: Angela *DELETED* new
      #266089 - 05/28/06 05:47 PM
Angela E.

Beth what did you delete?? I wasn't trying to offend anyone with my post so I hope that you didn't think I was. I was just telling my story from one C'er to another.

Oh, no way Angela.... new
      #266102 - 05/28/06 06:24 PM
Augie

...it wasn't your post at all! Your post is great. I just felt like I embarrassed myself again with my question to you.

Sorry. Please don't think it was your post.

I just emailed ya!

--------------------
~ Beth

Re: Oh, no way Angela.... new
      #266144 - 05/29/06 06:02 AM
Angela E.

Thanks Beth! YOu have mail!

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2216 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 83636

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review