All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | (show all)
Re: What about stool samples? new
      #267513 - 06/04/06 09:05 AM
ccckkk

Reged: 11/06/03

Where would I go about getting stool samples for parasites, etc? When I ask my doctors about this stuff, they really don't give me satisfaction. I have asked my general doctor about lactose breath tests and tests for gluten and celiac, but he will tell me I don't have that without testing me and just disregard me. My gastro gave me many types of big tests such as transit study and colonoscopy and monometry tests, but when I tell him about small tests such as lactose and gluten, etc. he does not pursue it. Can I just go straight to a lab and ask them about these tests? Or do I need to go through my doctor? Are these tests covered by health insurance?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

#267580 - 06/04/06 05:39 PM
MamaCat

Reged: 04/09/06
Loc: NJ

Fedupwithgas--I hear you! I've never wished for summer vacation more in my life!!!

--------------------
IBS-D!

#267677 - 06/05/06 08:48 AM
whoopiecushion

Reged: 11/17/04
Loc: South Carolina

I just talked to my doctor and asked him if he would write me up an order to take to labcorp for food alleries and for gluten intolerance. My labwork was covered as long as the testing was done in connection to an illness. But, all insurance companies cover different things depending on your plan. My suggestion is to find out what you want to have done, get the names of the specific test you want and just tell you doctor " I want to be tested for this". I always go prepared to my doctor with exactly what I want and any research I can get to back myself up so I can discuss it with him. Take control. You have the right to be tested for whatever you want, especially since you or your insurance is paying.

#267680 - 06/05/06 08:54 AM
whoopiecushion

Reged: 11/17/04
Loc: South Carolina

No, I don't think that is it. I work in an accounting office as an administrator. I work independently in my office. I am not saying there is not stress ever, but I just don't find the connection. Some people have flare ups from stress, then go back to basic normalacy, my symptoms are daily and never go away and have always been this way. AT work, at home on vacation, it is all the same. I think I have become a totally stressed out person in general though because of all this.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 3046 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 83650

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review