All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Scared to try Equalactin
      #264881 - 05/22/06 06:02 PM
MamaCat

Reged: 04/09/06
Loc: NJ

I went recently to a pretty clueless GI who gave me samples of Equalactin to try--I have chronic IBS-D and I am currently taking Donnatol 4x a day (prescribed). I am afraid to introduce the Equalactin until I am done with teaching in June. I don't want to get sick again while working--I have missed so much work!

So I wondered if Equalactin contributes to people's flares and symptoms? I read through past posts and saw some Equalactin fans. Is it really effective?

--------------------
IBS-D!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Scared to try Equalactin new
      #264885 - 05/22/06 06:12 PM
AmandaPanda, J.D.

Reged: 04/26/04
Loc: New York, New York

Do a search on this. Equalactin is tremendously helpful and not at all harmful. It's one of the few non-Heather products that Heather openly supports. Give it a try!

--------------------
Amanda

I live in the Big Apple, but I don't eat the skin

#265020 - 05/23/06 12:15 PM
AstroChick

Reged: 12/30/03
Loc: Chicago, IL, USA

Oh, Equilactin is about the most stabilizing thing you could try! It calms down my belly really well. The only drawback to it is how expensive it is relative to stuff like acacia.

--AC

Equalactin has stopped many attacks (m) new
      #265042 - 05/23/06 01:47 PM
Sandyg

Reged: 09/13/04

in me. I am IBS-D. Don't be afraid to try it. I also take Donnatal and lomotil occasionally. This doesn't interfere with medications.

Sandy

#267003 - 06/01/06 01:27 PM
MamaCat

Reged: 04/09/06
Loc: NJ

THANK YOU all for the tips--I have been so afraid to do something new and lately I've been having attacks more frequently--I am going to try the Equalactin and see what happens.

Could anyone give me some advice about your dosage? The GI just handed me some samples and said "Take this" with no specific directions in mind. Needless to say I am not returning to his office.

--------------------
IBS-D!

I've been taking Prodiem, lately. new
      #267037 - 06/01/06 07:17 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

Oddly enough, I've had success with Prodiem (contains calcium carbophil which is also in Equalactin) for the past few weeks.
I started at the minimum dose and am now up to 6 pills/day in 3 divided doses. I've had no gassiness/bloating and it's really helped ease my D attacks. I'm hardly using any Immodium, lately. I tend to take the pills about half an hour or so before meals.

Kate, IBS-D.

#267204 - 06/02/06 10:19 AM
AstroChick

Reged: 12/30/03
Loc: Chicago, IL, USA

I've just chewed one while drinking water. That usually settles me down pretty quickly, but I think you can have 2 or more at a sitting.

The Internet to the rescue: it looks like you can take 2 tabs at a time up to 4 times a day according to the package .

--AC

Re: I've been taking Prodiem, lately. new
      #267291 - 06/02/06 03:11 PM
Strixowl

Reged: 05/26/06

Is Equalactin a prescription medication or over the counter? I've never heard of or seen it.

#267298 - 06/02/06 03:55 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

over the counter

Quote:

Is Equalactin a prescription medication or over the counter? I've never heard of or seen it.

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

#267341 - 06/02/06 07:15 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

I cannot believe how much less Immodium I've used this month (since using Prodiem which contains calcium polycarbophil)! I cannot believe how much less gassy I am. I am surprised that this stuff is working so well, so far. I expected a nightmare and am experiencing the opposite.

The best part is that my guts don't have that dried out hard poop reaction to rebalancing themselves after a D attack. I have not had such a consistency of good bm's in a while.

Kate, IBS-D.

Kate, IBS-D.

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 370 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3769

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review