All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Re: Thoughts on Miralax new
      #233330 - 12/22/05 11:02 AM
Aly

Reged: 08/16/04
Loc: Columbus, Ohio

HI Beth! I wanted to post you because we seem to have similar stories. After I had my gallbladder out, I tried Miralax again since it worked well before surgery. Well, no such luck. I had terrible cramping, even on the smallest of doses. So I quit it, but now am super C again all of the time. Surgery def. didn't help that symptom AT ALL. So, I saw a new GI doc who told me to have a go wiht miralax again since it worked before. I mgiht have tried it too soon after surgery when my belly was really messed up. So, as of today I will take my first dose again and pray it works. It was my wonder drug for awhile, so I will keep you posted! How is the gallbladder symptoms treating you? I'm glad I had surgery, but really frustrated that I do indeed have IBS as well. At least the pains and such will never ocme back!
Hope all is well:)

--------------------
IBS-A

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Augie new
      #233467 - 12/22/05 07:09 PM
jessica28

Reged: 08/10/04
Loc: Phoenix, AZ

Magnesium can make your poop more watery too. Mine is mushy just like michelle's...like a mud pie to be gross and exact and sometimes when i don't have that..yeah some stringy poos throughout the day...but like my doc said...it's not the quality of your poop, but the quantity...so be it stringy and long or wide and short, something is coming out and that's what is most important. With miralax or anything we take or do not take, people in general are going to have "good" poop days and "not so good" or "no" poop days. Just be happy something is coming out of us! I wish I could go logs everyday, but don't think that's going to happen.

Jessica

Re: I'll try this new
      #233619 - 12/23/05 05:25 PM
fishnets

Reged: 10/09/03
Loc: MA

Quote:

Do you have to take Miralax, Fishnets? I don't get why some C's do and some don't ....why some doctors give it to us and others don't

I tried it before but it gave me attacks Couldn't handle it.

--------------------
IBS-C

Aly, have you tried Miralax yet? new
      #245422 - 02/10/06 08:17 AM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

Have you started using it again? How's it going? Do you use it every day?

How's the non GF diet going for you? Are you still happy your have decided to eat gluten again? Or do you still worry that you are making yourself worse by eating it?

I believe you had the positve antibodies too, right? I'm so afraid that if I don't eat GF, I will always feel sick. So, maybe I should go back to eating Gluten Free? Any thoughts?

Thanks

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Re: Aly, have you tried Miralax yet? new
      #245786 - 02/12/06 12:49 PM
Aly

HI Beth-- I actually never started Miralax. Here's what happened. My anxiety was out of control, so I got on Lexapro...my doc said it mgiht cause me to be more prone to D...well it works! I have had normal BMs everyday since starting it! Isn't that crazy? I love it...i used to be SOOO C...so this is great. I have had 3 weeks of pure stability until yesterday. Don't know what happened (probably period related) but I am cramping a ton and having very very frequent BMs. Still, once every 3 weeks is the biggest blessing ever.
As for the GF stuff...I had positive bloodwork, but my surgeon that took my galbladder out told me those tests can come back with false positives if another organ is inflamed--which my gallbladder certainly was. And, I didn't have an ounce of D after the surgery--I lucked out. Seriously, being able to munch of crackers when I'm not feeling well is fabulous.... I'm so sorry you're still having a rough time. I went through an entire year of GF, then IBS safe diet, then all of the gallbaldder stuff...it took a lot out of me. On top of the Lexapro (which I certainly LOVE!) I am also doing the hypno tapes--love them! I am so much calmer and can handle these attacks much easier. I know where you've been, Beth. I was so miserable and just thought I would never be able to get my life back on track...but with hypno and the AD, I am getting it all together. Hang in there and know that everyone on this site is really supportive---reading all of the posts made me feel like I am not alone. It was a lifesaver!!!

--------------------
IBS-A

Fantastic! new
      #245887 - 02/13/06 06:27 AM
Augie

I am so happy for you, Aly!!! I wish you continued success with the Lexapro and Hypno tapes. Are you still following the EFI diet or taking any SFS?

I'm trying the GF diet....again! Just in case it works this time....didn't work for the entire year I tried it...but maybe I was doing something wrong?

I tried Lexapro, but it didn't help with the C. I'm so glad you have found a new lease on life!!!

Keep me updated! And not to get D after Gallbladder surgery. Big sigh of relief there!

--------------------
~ Beth

Aly, do you take an SFS? new
      #252722 - 03/17/06 12:11 PM
Augie

Since you don't take the Miralax to "go" what does help you go everyday?

Any supplements or specific food?

I would love to get off Miralax.

--------------------
~ Beth

Re: Aly, do you take an SFS? new
      #252738 - 03/17/06 12:29 PM
Aly

well, smoothies seem to do the trick better than I could imagine. I mix strawberries, half a banana and some cranberry juice. I have it every night and it helps. But what I think is really helping me is the Lexapro. It can cause D, so with me, I feel like it helps me go. I'm still trying to get back on track after my colonoscopy a week or 2 ago...it's hard to break the C cycle, but I'm def. into smoothies!

--------------------
IBS-A

#252742 - 03/17/06 12:32 PM
Augie

So, no SFS at all? Nothing but the smoothie?

I wish Lexapro had had that effect on me. I think it may have made the C worse, actually. But what doesn't?

--------------------
~ Beth

#252805 - 03/17/06 05:04 PM
Aly

yea..I know. crazy. I also do pilates regularly and try to get some cardio in...my job involves TONS of walking and bustling. I am around and on my feet at least 6 hrs a day.
Also, the hypnosis may be doing more than I think...I am SO much calmer about IBS now, so it might relax my gut!

--------------------
IBS-A

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 968 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 9582

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review