All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Help!!!
      #22467 - 10/05/03 06:49 AM
maryh

Reged: 10/02/03
Loc: IL

The good news is I received Heather's book-First Year of IBS. Bad news is that I don't have a formal diagnosis. The worst news is that I'm feeling just miserable today!! i am working on the diet and am studying soluble vs insoluble fiber. The diet generally makes me much better, but I must have slipped up yesterday!!! OUCH! I am looking for suggestions/sympathy-right now I am at work and after 8.5 hours here we are going to my son's baseball picnic, and I don't want to dissapoint him. any suggestions for "safe" foods to eat at picnics/potlucks? Your partner in horrendous gas! Mary PS it is in the works to see a GI doctor-I have to work through my HMO!

--------------------
Whatever doesn't kill me will make me stronger!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Help!!! new
      #22536 - 10/06/03 09:43 AM
britsarah

Reged: 02/16/03
Loc: United Kingdom

Sorry you are feeling so down at the moment, hopefully you'll see someone soon who can sort you out. I find it best to take a few snacky things just for me in my bag for picnics etc, like rice cakes or breadsticks. If you are taking food to share, search on the recipe board for suggestions or perhaps take a rice or pasta dish made with lowfat or fatfree dressing.
I guess I've missed posting this in time for your son's picnic, but maybe it will help in the future.
Hope you're feeling a little better and got through it ok

--------------------
Sarah

Looking for inspiration...

Re: Help!!! new
      #22540 - 10/06/03 10:07 AM
maryh

Reged: 10/02/03
Loc: IL

Sarah I was weak and ate everything! I will bring some food I can eat next time because I was hungry! I have some repercussions today but not too bad! Mary

--------------------
Whatever doesn't kill me will make me stronger!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2583 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 441

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review