All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Morning upset tummy
      #215864 - 09/26/05 08:51 AM
kitten

Reged: 09/18/05

It doesn't matter to seem what I eat, when I wake up I always have a painful bout of gas. As the day progresses it seems to get better/go away. I'm just so sick of taking pepto and feeling like I have to run to the bathroom. Is anyone else dealing with this?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Morning upset tummy new
      #215869 - 09/26/05 09:26 AM
Snorkie

Reged: 02/15/05
Loc: Northern Illinois, USA

I dealt with it fairly regularly after starting the diet, but it did get better with time. I still need to take the Pepto a couple times a month, usually just as "insurance" for the ride to work, but I no longer wish I could just have a straw in the bottle to sip at will.

Oh, I've also started eating my breakfast at work instead of home. That's helped too.

Hang in there. Mornings can improve.

#215880 - 09/26/05 09:47 AM
anlikerm

Reged: 09/16/05
Loc: NC

YEP, ME TOO! I was fine all morning up until about 5 minutes ago!!!
Michelle

--------------------
IBS-D. Hiatal Hernia, GERD
Unstable

#215883 - 09/26/05 09:52 AM
kitten

Reged: 09/18/05

How's heathers tummy tamers? I'm tempted to buy a box to get me through mornings....

#215897 - 09/26/05 10:20 AM
anlikerm

They aren't helping me much. I'm drinking fennel tea right now, but I can't say that I feel any better. I can't tolerate the peppermint tea because of my reflux but It helped me before it triggered my acid reflux.
Michelle

--------------------
Unstable

#216012 - 09/26/05 06:06 PM
lorilea

Reged: 09/24/05
Loc: monroe, mi

Mornings are terrible around here. My son has IBS and it seems like every morning from wake up until about noon, he is in lots of pain. I wish I knew something that would help. Does the pepto seem to alleviate your symptoms? I think I'll try some gas meds the night before for him.

Hope we can all find something that helps!

#216018 - 09/26/05 07:15 PM
anlikerm

Pepto does help me. I take it alot.....more than I should and more than I would like to, but my GI doctor says if it works for me I can take it....along with my Imodium. But, I have noticed when I take imodium I get more bloated up. Especially if my colon moves and it can't expel anything because of the Imodium backing me up . Then, I'm in for a world of hurtin'!
Hope this helps!
Michelle

--------------------
Unstable

Re: lorilea new
      #216023 - 09/26/05 07:21 PM
SCgirl

Reged: 05/24/05
Loc: Charleston SC

Hi I was just reading your post about your son in the mornings. It reminded me of me when I was younger dealing with my IBS. I would get up for school and my Mom would really want me to eat breakfast and I never wanted to because I knew it would upset my stomach. I always tried to explain it to her like when I wake up before like 7AM..my stomach just doesnt know how to handle it.lol..I know it sounds weird but thats what it feels like! I hope he feels better!

Re: sc girl - morning upset new
      #216043 - 09/27/05 04:53 AM
lorilea

Reged: 09/24/05
Loc: monroe, mi

It's interesting that the IBS seems to have a real time pattern. Wonder why?

You say your early mornings were bad, did you discover anything other than not eating that helped? My son is in pain but alternating with being very hungry.

Re: sc girl - morning upset new
      #216100 - 09/27/05 09:17 AM
Betharoo

Reged: 01/28/05
Loc: Ontario, Canada

I was the same way when I was younger. Breakfast before school was such bad time for me. I could never eat and then I was starving by the time lunch came. My mom would also give me apple juice in the morning and I can't even handle that on a full stomach/ good day now. I have had digestive problems my whole life. Breakfast and mornings are my least favourite time of day. I still don't eat "breakfast". I go to work or school and then have a snack after an hour or so of being awake and moving.

--------------------
Microscopic Colitis, IBS-A, GERD, Hiatal Hernia
Bethany, Ontario, Canada

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 87 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 6857

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review