Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Update on my success with the DA caplets, not tablets
      #215559 - 09/24/05 07:22 AM
e_mcmaster

Reged: 01/16/05
Loc: Norman, Oklahoma

Hello all!

I haven't been on the boards much because I've been busy and also because my IBS seems completely in control, thanks to a new diet and the DA caplets (which don't contain artificial sweeteners) that you can buy on Amazon.com (I believe they mess up and call them tablets on there, but just buy the ones that come 92 per box and you'll be fine). I cannot praise DA enough - as a C'er that was constantly 9-months-pregnant looking and with horrible pains, I can now rest assured that I won't get bloated like that any more (or if I do, it's because I ate something I shouldn't have).

Here's a sample of my diet:

1. homemade protein bar (oats, ff soymilk, protein powder)

2. chicken breast (I eat this first), 1/2 sweet potato

3. turkey meatballs (ff ground turkey, oats, egg whites, spices & onions), 2oz whole wheat pasta

4. another chicken breast, oats

5. fish soup (mahi-mahi fillets, navy beans & loads of veggies in a chopped-tomato & water broth)

6. grilled chicken salad

7. can of tuna mixed with salsa, green beans

So that's a typical day for me. As you probably notice, I eat my carbs in the morning and try to stop before my last few meals, although that doesn't always happen. I eat my carbs last in the meal.

Along with DA, I'm taking Zelnorm (which hasn't helped in over a year), a whole foods multivitamin, Omega 3-6-9, and 14.5g of citrucel & acacia. I stopped drinking tea because I don't need it anymore and I'm really too busy to bother making it. Oh, and I take 3 jarrodophilus probiotics a day.

Good luck to all of you, and email me: elizabeth@dopple.net if you have any questions!

--------------------
Elizabeth

all those years it wasn't IBS - it was celiac!
send me an email: liz@dopple.net

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

I'm so very glad you've found a path that works for you, Elizabeth. -nt- new
      #215563 - 09/24/05 09:01 AM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

Edited by Sand (09/24/05 09:05 AM)

Re: Update on my success with the DA caplets, not tablets new
      #215574 - 09/24/05 11:15 AM
jen1013

Reged: 05/06/05
Loc: the wabe

That's fantastic you are doing so well! I was just wondering about you the other day since I didn't remember you posting in awhile. Your diet sounds yummy! Can you really find ff turkey and ff soy milk? or is it just low-fat?

--------------------
jen

"It's one of the most serious things that can possibly happen to one in a battle -- to get one's head cut off." -- LC

#215598 - 09/24/05 02:18 PM
Snorkie

Reged: 02/15/05
Loc: Northern Illinois, USA

I spotted FF 8th Continent the other day for the first time.

Same calories at the lite version but no fat. It even had a rebate coupon with it! I didn't try it, but it is out there.

#215600 - 09/24/05 02:41 PM
Portageegal

Reged: 06/28/05
Loc: Massachusetts

Glad to know it is still working for you. I keep my fingers crossed that it keeps working for me. I haven't even been taking my Miralax as often. I did have a little trouble the other night after eating 1/2 an Italian grinder from Subway, but that was my fault for eating it in the first place.

--------------------
Carol

nós somos o que nós somos e o descanso é merda

Wow, & applause. new
      #215617 - 09/24/05 06:06 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

Congratulations & continued success, Elizabeth. It sounds like you've experienced some radical healing!

Like you, I take high potency enzymes and literally vive le difference. Everyday, my hair is fuller, glossier. My skin looks copper kissed. I'm following a high protein, high greens diet. My mood, my energy is so much improved. My D is pretty stabilized by following a modified specific carb diet--quite paleo/neaderthol, or BARF, I suppose.

I'm interested in some of your recipes! I'm eating lots of egg whites (a guaranteed protein success with me! i always know that they'll stay down!) & fish when I feel 'safe.' (I love TUNA & shrimp/shellfish, tilapia, cod, sole, turbot...)

May I email you for some notes/tips?

My green sauces/monsters take on a new meaning. The first time I tried them in an egg white frittata I was in ECSTASY!!! Garlicky Goddess Green beans are a favourite tuna topper--it's basically green beans, lots of garlic, and tons of herbs (i.e. basil or dill...) with a twist of lemon. I don't eat chicken. (I have no desire to...except when I'm sick. I'd have to put it in the food processor because my teeth are so crappy) I avoid starches & grains. They violently just disagree with me and won't stay down--even with NEXIUM. I have a personal ingrained ideology/programming that grains are bad. Don't worry, I'm not preaching or advocating a thing. I just do what works for me, in the here and the now, which is constantly in flux, perpetually revolution, evolution.

It's encouraging to read your energized update.

Kate.

#215621 - 09/24/05 06:49 PM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

I've been wondering how you are. I'm happy you are no longer plagued by this hiddeous IBS. I was concerned the DA wouldn't work the same for you because this new caplet contains different incredients than the old onw you were taking.

I may take you up on your email offer! Thanks Elizabeth

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Elizabeth??? new
      #215669 - 09/25/05 08:47 AM
Augie

Have you ever tried doing everything exactly how your doing without taking the DA? Maybe you would be okay with this approach without having to spend more money on the DA. I thought the DA was basically a probiotic and you already get that with the 3 Jarrow you are taking.

Your diet is different too. Just wondering.

Do you still take any magnesium supplement?

--------------------
~ Beth

Re: Beth, an aside... new
      #215695 - 09/25/05 11:16 AM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

Upon the advice of my MD, I take high potency enzymes, as I have no gastic juices, and a malabsorption difficulties/challenges. Truly, they've changed my life. I see the difference, daily, in the mirror. My bloodwork shows me absorbing the calcium from the greens for my osteo-challenges.

Kate.

Thanks Kate... new
      #215707 - 09/25/05 11:42 AM
Augie

..which one do you take? I am currently taking Digest Gold. I only usually take it with Lunch and dinner though.

Do you take yours everytime you put something into your mout? Since I'm a snacker, I would be taking these 6 times a day. I can't afford to take them 3 times a day.

--------------------
~ Beth

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2583 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1968

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review