All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Favorite Beverages
      #211373 - 09/06/05 05:23 PM
uwponine

Reged: 03/19/05
Loc: Wisconsin

What are your favorite drinks? I'm maxed out on water and tea of all kinds. What else? I'm getting dangerously close to buying Crystal Light for a little variety...

--------------------
IBS-C with major bloat!
Gluten Free Vegan

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Personally... new
      #211380 - 09/06/05 05:43 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

I've been drinking lemonade all summer. I don't have problems with the acidity. I've also been drinking Kool-Aid, made with half the amount of sugar. Again, no problems with dyes and additives, which do bother some people.

In colder weather, I do stick with hot teas and my daily pot of Teeccino, mostly, but I just can't do that in the summer. Gotta have my lemonade!

Re: Favorite Beverages new
      #211385 - 09/06/05 05:53 PM
Snorkie

Reged: 02/15/05
Loc: Northern Illinois, USA

I've been known to drink my fair share of any red Kool Aid. I also like the green apple Kool Aid. It's opaque!
Lemonaid also seems to be okay with my stomach.

So, pretty much what Casey said!

Re: Well... new
      #211392 - 09/06/05 06:10 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

I'm in corruption mode. Honestly...coffee (not advisable, but I feel nauseated without it and can't get off the sofa!)(I love bitter!) on the rocks! Also club soda. Moreover, diet Coke. (See how rebellious I am of late?) Furthermore, Gatorade (with Seltzer or club soda as a spritzer as I find it too sweet straight up). Lemonade ranks highly as well as lemon or lime water. Teas to suit my mood--chilled or at room temp. Cranberry spritzers. Dreaming of vodka, at the moment.

Definitely NOT MILK or SOY MILK or RICE MILK.

As you can see, I'm a thirsty woman. Due to a medical condition, I'm forbidden to drink too much water, but it's on my top 5 list. I love overpriced water in blue bottles!

Kate.

Well, ok, I'll confess my badness, then... new
      #211400 - 09/06/05 06:20 PM
atomic rose

When I get tired of lemonade, I drink iced tea. As in, not herbal tea. As in, the cheap sugary mix you buy in big tubs in the supermarket. It doesn't say that it contains caffeine, but I'm pretty sure it does.

And yeah, I do the Gatorade + seltzer thing too. I ran out of seltzer and drank some straight Gatorade today, and I swear it was like drinking syrup.

What's even worse... new
      #211410 - 09/06/05 06:44 PM
Wind

What's even worse is that I LOVE TO DRINK THROUGH STRAWS!!!

Kate.

Re: Well... new
      #211415 - 09/06/05 06:55 PM
uwponine

I love your sassiness! My vice is Dt. Dew.
I am a reforming caffiene junkie, in love with soda. Which I try like all get out to avoid. Never got into the coffee thing. I do have a problem w/ sugar, as in I can't handle a lot. Perhaps 1/2 the sugar would be OK. I do love 1/2 tea and 1/2 lemonaide. That amount of acidity doesn't affect my tum nearly as much. I'm just really hyper-sensitive to acidity and sugar. Which when you take away artifical sweetners, doesn't leave much left.

--------------------
IBS-C with major bloat!
Gluten Free Vegan

Re: uwponine new
      #211422 - 09/06/05 07:10 PM
Wind

I'm really sensitive to sugars, too. The sugars make me vomit. Also, I love diet Dew! I honestly can't drink real soda or juice. I have to dilute the juice or Gatorade, heavy on the dilute. I do like the Gatorade Propel, now, too. I don't like Crystal Light--the sugar-free Kool Aid is more my preference.

I'm not advising or recommending anything, but I do low-cal Juices (i.e. Cranberry), etc. Once again, I KNOW IT'S HIGHLY INADVISABLE for IBS'ers to use artifically sweetened products and I'm not endorsing or advising anything.

Kate.

Re: uwponine new
      #211458 - 09/07/05 03:06 AM
uwponine

Yeah...there comes a point when you have to try different things and see how it goes. Otherwise, I'd go nutty. I hear ya. IF it'll work for someone else, it's worth a try sometimes. Crystal Lite doesn't always work for me. But perhaps the Kool-Aid. I always appreciate your feedback and your wisdom.

--------------------
IBS-C with major bloat!
Gluten Free Vegan

Kate! You rebel! new
      #211461 - 09/07/05 05:34 AM
atomic rose

I still use straws now and then too. I have bad teeth, and if I'm having a "sensitive" day, where cold really hurts, I'd rather risk gas in my stomach than a wicked toothache. It's all about priorities. Heh.

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2500 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3475

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review