Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
A stability poll for C'ers
      #202407 - 08/04/05 11:47 AM
e_mcmaster

Reged: 01/16/05
Loc: Norman, Oklahoma

Hi all -

As C's, have you been able to find true stability? I will start to think I have and then I'll have a couple horrible weeks. Then it'll get better, then worse. I think we have a harder time staying/getting stable than D's, even if we follow the diet/lifestyle/supplements to a T. What do you think?

C's and Stability
I'm stable.
I'm not stable.
I'm almost stable.
I feel like I'll never be stable.

View the results for this poll

--------------------
Elizabeth

all those years it wasn't IBS - it was celiac!
send me an email: liz@dopple.net

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: A stability poll for C'ers new
      #202443 - 08/04/05 12:45 PM
bamagirl

Reged: 04/02/04
Loc: Alabama

I started my IBS journey on the D side, and have had to battle the C issue for almost 2 years. I think it is much harder to stabilize the C!! It takes longer to see progress and it seems the slightest thing kicks your body out of whack again! To me, C is much worse! I am almost stable after a bit over a year on this site and all I have learned, so I KNOW it is possible to get stable...but I have to be vigilant to stay that way!

--------------------
God is Faithful!

#202606 - 08/04/05 06:48 PM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Michigan

I feel like I am 95% stable now. It has taken me almost a year but I go to the bathroom everyday with little problems. I rarely have the spasms I used to either. I don't eat dairy at all, no red meat, and no fried foods. Those three things I am so strict with. I can tolerate other things like alcohol once in awhile, chocolate however I usually stick to dark now, and I take Acacia every day. Sure I have days where I am gassy or a bit bloated if I cheat with some of those things. But considering how I use to feel I feel so much better! The bad things about IBS is that it's symptoms are different for everyone and everyone reacts differently to foods. It is all about learning about your body and how it reacts to things. Food is not only the main trigger. For me stress will do it to. For others it can also be the weather. I love this site because we all learn from each other and can share these kinds of things with other people who suffer as well. I hope that you find stability some day.

What supplement are you stable C folks taking? new
      #202611 - 08/04/05 07:00 PM
Cyndy

Reged: 03/05/05

How much SFS do you guys take and what kind? Do you take any other supplements or meds that help you?

I follow the diet, so the only thing I can think of is that maybe I'm missing some kind of supplement or med that might help.

Thanks

#202613 - 08/04/05 07:03 PM
poochibelly

Reged: 04/27/05

I think that keeping the stress minimal has been vital to my stability.

--------------------
Have a blessed day!...Rachel
stable and sooooooo thankful!
I have IBS but it doesn't have me!

#202615 - 08/04/05 07:04 PM
Kree

Reged: 10/08/03
Loc: Northern NY

I voted for "almost stable", because I can live a fairly ordinary life most days. I certainly feel a heck of a lot better than I did a couple of years ago before I started this diet! I do still struggle with staying regular, but I think that's something I'll deal with for the rest of my life, and I still feel relatively "stable" even with my bouts of C. I guess it's all about how you define stable, which is why I had some trouble deciding on an answer. I'm sure I'll never be "normal" like someone without IBS, but saying I'll never be stable seems too pessimistic to me. I'd say being almost there is a decent way to be.

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

#202627 - 08/04/05 07:14 PM
SCgirl

Reged: 05/24/05
Loc: Charleston SC

If you havent tried Digestive Advantage I would recommend that because I have had great success with it so far for about a month now! Its been working everyday and it is great!

Yes, please share new
      #202630 - 08/04/05 07:15 PM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

Inquiring mind want to know!

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

#202793 - 08/05/05 09:33 AM
crew

Reged: 06/24/05

Do you still have to follow the IBS diet guidelines, or is this a mircale drug that is working so well that you can eat as much dairy and fat as you want?

#202810 - 08/05/05 09:55 AM
Amy1973

Reged: 09/17/04
Loc: Mesa,AZ

I'm stable as long as I stay on the diet...

I have to say when I first started on the boards.. Michelle and all the Cer's post helped me so much... I went all the way back to the first post and read for about a week or so to see what all the C's had to say then tried a few suggestions. I take Miralax only as needed and my SFS.

I took Zelnorm for about a month, but then it cause some bleeding and my GI took me off of it.

The Zelnorm helped with the bloating a lot, not enough for me to want to chance taking it again.

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1444 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2696

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review