All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)
what is everyones safest breakfast?
      #199285 - 07/25/05 06:42 PM
AerobicsAngel

Reged: 03/24/05
Loc: London Ontario Canada

I'm going to keep trying until I find a diet that keeps me stable and I want to start with a safe breakfast. What would you guys reccommend for a safe insolible and solible, low fat or fat free, not too many carbs or much sugar..maybe with vitamins...breakfast? I do good with white toast and jam as long as I didn't eat something bad right before bed. I don't want white toast every morning though. thanks!!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: what is everyones safest breakfast? new
      #199288 - 07/25/05 06:48 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

Cream of rice has got to be the safest breakfast. It doesn't have much for vitamins though. I have cream of wheat each morning and it is so soothing.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

#199297 - 07/25/05 07:17 PM
Snorkie

Reged: 02/15/05
Loc: Northern Illinois, USA

I have 2 safest breakfasts.

My usual is plain oatmeal made with 1 c. soymilk with a half cup of peaches or pears thrown in.

Safe breakfast two is rice crispies with 1 c. soy milk and a banana or one of the fruits above.

Sometimes I throw in a handful of low-fat granola with either.

#199303 - 07/25/05 07:26 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

I eat oatmeal with fruit just about every morning. Lately it's been strawberries and blueberries, but sometimes I do fresh peeled peaches instead, and if my tummy is "iffy" I play it safe and use a banana instead. I cook the fruit right with the oatmeal in the microwave, and then top it with a little soy milk. It's never bothered me at all.

#199319 - 07/25/05 09:31 PM
ChristineM

Reged: 05/31/04
Loc: soCal

Do you add the fruit to plain oatmeal? I'm intrigued!

--------------------
Christine

Those who can do; those who want it done better teach.

Me too. new
      #199326 - 07/26/05 12:04 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Well except that I use instant oatmeal and make it with boiling water. I switch to bananas only on iffy days too. Oatmeal is GREAT for vitamins. I stopped taking a B vitamin as there was no point if I was having oatmeal everyday.

Another oatmeal addict here... new
      #199375 - 07/26/05 07:56 AM
retrograde

Reged: 04/15/04

I looooove oatmeal! (usually have it twice a day )

I have it every morning usually baked (in the microwave) with applesauce and loads of cinnamon, and if you want to add a bit of fat I usually chop some almonds in there too. I have it with some scrambled egg whites and that works great for me.

However my morning always starts with a cup of tea with acacia and a small bowl of hot applesauce (my 'pre-breakfast'!).

Breakfast of champions new
      #199452 - 07/26/05 10:37 AM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

Decaf coffee! I drink it lukewarm and I wash down my morning imodium, calcium pills, codiene and donnatal with it. Oatmeal's a major trigger for me. It gives me D, so I call it "OUTmeal." LOL!

~nelly~

Ooooh, a good point! new
      #199457 - 07/26/05 10:51 AM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

It's been mentioned on and off, but since I'm another person who eats a "pre-breakfast", I figured I'd mention it again!

I've found that no matter WHAT I eat, no matter how safe it is, if I eat it first thing in the morning, I have a D attack. Even if I stay awake for a while and then eat... same result. I have to eat a little something first thing, and then wait about 1/2 hour, and THEN eat breakfast. In my case, I usually eat a couple of tea biscuits (they're very plain and not at all sweet) or a few crackers. Oatmeal and fruit follows safely after that.

If you find yourself having problems in the morning, give "pre-breakfast" a try! It really worked to help me stabilize.

#199463 - 07/26/05 11:18 AM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

Weekdays: white toast with safe margarine, honey and cinnamon.

Weekends: blueberry or banana pancakes with soy bacon.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 214 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 35849

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review