All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | >> (show all)
Worse than ever this morning
      #197562 - 07/20/05 12:24 AM
HL33

Reged: 06/12/05
Loc: Essex, UK

I know I'm only on day 2 of trying to stablise myself but urgency was the name of the game this morning worse than normal my diet yesterday incs
Rice Crispies & Rice Milk (Brekfast)
Bananas
White roll with mashed banana (Lunch)
Candied Sweet Pots & White Rice cooked with 1 tsp of Kallo veg stock powder (Dinner)
Rice pudding made with white rice & rice milk, cinnamon & honey,
Also took P,Husks caps
Going to eat the same today, Has anyone any thoughts of problems with this diet?
Helen

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Worse than ever this morning new
      #197563 - 07/20/05 12:30 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

I assume you mean psyllium huk capsules? They are awfully harsh for a D IMHO.

And don't eat too many bananas - although they're SF some people have issues with them so don't eat lots just in case.

Have you thought of trying Immodium as a preventative? It really helped me stabilise faster.

GOOD LUCK!

#197564 - 07/20/05 01:18 AM
HL33

Thanks Linz
I'm going to drop the caps today (yes its Psyllium) just in case its them & I'll cut down the bananas today just had one after eating a bowl of Readybrek this morning but I will keep to the tins of Mango & Papaya I have in the cupboard for snacks & Desserts
Helen

#197566 - 07/20/05 02:19 AM
Janey

Reged: 10/25/03
Loc: Maryland

My daughters name is Helen. What a great name!

--------------------
Janey

#197574 - 07/20/05 04:15 AM
Linz

I know they're SF but it's best to wait on the fruit until after you've done BTC as too much fructose is also a trigger. Keep them for Friday onwards!

Isn't ReadyBrek just fab?

#197655 - 07/20/05 08:19 AM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

Hi, Helen! I think HFCS is one of the main ingredients listed in Rice Krispies, which can be a problem for some IBSers. I mean, some are more sensitive to it than others. Also, are your rolls safe? No whey, HFCS in them? And I believe Linz already covered the P.Husk caps.

#197668 - 07/20/05 09:12 AM
belinda

Reged: 10/09/03
Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

I would be sick as a dog if I ate what you ate! The best way to stabilize yourself is to follow Heather's diet and stick to simple things that you prepare yourself. I don't recommend eating any prepared foods such as cereals, etc. until you have a better handle on what you can tolerate.

You will have to scrutinize everything you eat. Even a simple thing like a white roll needs to be checked for ingredients, etc. The safest thing is to make your own bread. If you don't have time, then you will need to find a bread source from a good bakery that doesn't contain any unsafe ingredients. For example, many buns contain skim milk powder, which is a no-no.

I don't know what ingredients the veg stock powder contains, but I wouldn't touch it. Again, make you own food from scratch using safe ingredients. I would recommend staying away from or keeping to a bare minimum things like fruit and veggies until you better know what, and how much, you can tolerate.

By the way, I can't tolerate rice milk, have trouble with banana, honey is a no-no (see Heather's diet) and even white rice is a problem (with the exception of organic white basmati rice).

I'm afraid you may find the journey to finding foods you can safely tolerate quite challenging. But once you reach your destination, you will feel much better!

#198040 - 07/21/05 02:46 AM
HL33

I was woken up at 5am this morning with really bad "D" all I had to eat yesterday was the chicken roll, 3 snack o jacks caramel, plain roll with plain white rice,
I'm at a total loss
before starting on this I did not eat much bread & I'm wondering if its wheat in general thats the problem? if you stop eating something that is causing a trigger situation how long will it take before you know? just going to stick to plain white rice with steamed chicken breasts today no cereal or bread & see if it improves

Uh oh... new
      #198044 - 07/21/05 03:53 AM
Linz

...last time I checked Snack a Jacks had dairy in them!

Remember to eat every few hours as well. And are you taking Immodium?

Re: Uh oh... new
      #198045 - 07/21/05 04:01 AM
HL33

aahhh, Yes taking imodium, I take two before brekfast, its strange though I keep hearing about people having pain with IBS but I don't seem to other than the cramping you get in the middle of a big "D" attack but it goes away as soon as I've gone to the loo is this normal? I know I can't eat pasta but that may be because the usual pasta has egg in it so I just assummed I was intolerant to wheat, may be it was the "jacks"
Helen

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 733 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 8014

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review