All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Re: Clidinum Medication aka Librax
      #193 - 01/30/03 05:12 PM
highsmith

Reged: 01/30/03

Is anyone using the Librax medication? If so, how long have you been using it, and do you find it helpful? Thanks

Edited by highsmith (01/30/03 05:16 PM)

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Clidinum Medication aka Librax new
      #199 - 01/30/03 05:44 PM
pamk

Reged: 01/29/03

Yes, I used it for several months. I was diagnosed with IBS last July and my doc put me on Librax because my diarrhea was sooo bad. I took one pill twice a day, 30 minutes before I ate. It usually helped but on occasion I still had diarrhea. Then my gall bladder ruptured (if you can imagine) and I had emergency surgery. It was the best thing to happen to me in my opinion because now I am no longer on the medication and as long as I stay on my diet I rarely have a problem. I suspect that I was having problems with my gall bladder all along and it was never diagnosed. All of that bile dumping into my intestines was probably causing alot of the diarrhea.

It took several weeks to adjust to the Librax, in that I felt really loopy when I first started taking it but after a while I found that it caused me to be calmer and I really slept well. It has an addictive quality to it so the longer you are on it the less effective it will be at the same dosage. If you stay on it for several months you will need to taper off using the recommended guidelines of your doc.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 289 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2724

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review