All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Ugh, FLU, need sympathy guys...
      #191105 - 07/02/05 04:56 PM
doubletrouble

Reged: 11/14/04
Loc: Canberra, Australia

As the title says I have the flu I woke up yesterday aching all over from head to foot and today I'm thinking about buying shares in the Kleenex company!
On top of that I have women's only D and 3 kids to look after
Okay, well that's my whinge. Any tips on getting over this as quickly and painlessly as possible would be wonderful (I can't take over the counter flu meds, they make me hallucinate ).
Thanks for listening

--------------------
Amy

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Ugh, FLU, need sympathy guys... new
      #191113 - 07/02/05 05:40 PM
RnbwConnection78

Reged: 05/05/03
Loc: Bensalem, PA (right outside of Philadelphia)

argh the flu is the worst! You can try to call your doctor because there are some perscription meds that shorten the amount of time you have it. You need to contact him ASAP, however. They are only effective if taken early in the flu. If not, unfortunately all I can advise is rest and fluids. Tylenol for fever and achiness and just a few days in your PJ's. Tell your kids you are having a PJ party..lol

--------------------

#191115 - 07/02/05 05:56 PM
Alyson McG

Reged: 05/20/05
Loc: Vancouver Washington (IBS-A, but D prominant)

so sorry to hear you are not feeling well I wish I could offer some wonder cure, but what works for me is sleeping it off. However, with 6 of mine, I can totally relate to how hard that may be for you with the three little ones...Hope you feel better soon. Alyson

--------------------
Everything in life happens for a reason, patience will eventually tell us what that is......

#191117 - 07/02/05 06:05 PM
thepurplelollie

Reged: 11/11/04
Loc: Wellington, New Zealand

Oh no! I had a nasty flu last year that kept me in bed for a week. My advice would be Lemsip if you can tolerate the artificial sweetener in it, and rose and sandalwood - scented tissues. When you can eventually smell them, they're so calming!
Is there someone around who can look after the kids for a few days? Grandparents, or aunties or someone?

--------------------
*Emma*

Sadly I can't... new
      #191125 - 07/02/05 07:06 PM
doubletrouble

I can handle all sorts of things us IBS'ers aren't supposed to like coffee, dairy and peanut butter but give me an artificial sweetner and I'm running for the loo faster than I can eat/drink it I've learnt that one the hard way SO many times thanks to sneaky food companies who change their ingredients! Thanks for the tip though, I have some aloe vera and some eucalyptus tissues so I'll keep using them. The in laws are away for now so can't help out and DH is doing nights so no help there either. Thanks for the tips. I might try some homemade lemon tea

--------------------
Amy

6! OMG! new
      #191127 - 07/02/05 07:07 PM
doubletrouble

How do you find time to breathe! Lol. You must be such a busy person. I hardly have time to myself and I only have half the kids you do. You really must be a super mum

--------------------
Amy

PJ Party, I LOVE it! new
      #191128 - 07/02/05 07:09 PM
doubletrouble

I might just do that later on. Had to go and get groceries this morning (ugh, what fun walking round in public looking like garbage with a dozen tissues in one hand, he he)but might just pop the pj's back on and have that pj party. Thanks for the idea

--------------------
Amy

Re: 6! OMG! new
      #191132 - 07/02/05 07:25 PM
Alyson McG

Reged: 05/20/05
Loc: Vancouver Washington (IBS-A, but D prominant)

No, not really, just been doing it a very long time....They are spread out enough that it makes it a little easier. My oldest(21) doesn't live at home, she's in Texas in the Air Force. My other 3 bios are 16, 15 and 7. The other two are my step sons, 8 and 10. My 16 year old and I are the only females in the house, I think THAT is the biggest challenge...

--------------------
Everything in life happens for a reason, patience will eventually tell us what that is......

{{{hugs}}} new
      #191159 - 07/03/05 01:39 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Tylenol and as much Vitamin C as your bod can take! Plus drink LOADS of fluids - if you get dehydrated, it could make you worse.

More hugs from me too, Amy new
      #191208 - 07/03/05 09:17 AM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

IBS, flu, AF...all at once. Yikes!

No suggestions...I tend to not take any meds when I'm sick...just sleep and water. But I don't have kids so I can baby myself.

Just hope you are feeling better.

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 515 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1392

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review