All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
I'm so constipated tonight!
      #189973 - 06/28/05 06:57 PM
Cyndy

Reged: 03/05/05

I feel so awful and need to vent. I hurt so bad. I'm tired of feeling like this. Nothing I am eating or trying is working: walking, licorice tea, a prune every night,...

How long should I wait before I take some Mineral Oil or Cascara? I know both of these will help me. I figure people with D take Immodium, so can't I take something to help get this "crap" out of me? I can't function at work, I can't sleep, and I am soooo very irritable and crabby!

What can I do to help this NOW! I need to get some relief so bad...I want to die from this rotten C!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: I'm so constipated tonight! new
      #189991 - 06/28/05 08:14 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

Cyndy:

Have you done any yoga/hypno? Do you meditate? Why don't you just jump in a nice hot tub with some relaxing lavendar oil and just call it a night and make peace with your bod? Tomorrow's another day. You're too hard on yourself!!! All those prunes aren't going to make a world of positive difference.

Hugs,
Kate (Wind, ibs-d)

Do a search for Shanna and poo new
      #190008 - 06/28/05 10:25 PM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

There are lots of super ideas there.

Do you take magnesium? Without it I'm C forever and ever no matter what else I do! how much water, exercise, and stress I get matter too

*hugs*

Feel better!!!

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Re: Do a search for Shanna and poo new
      #190019 - 06/29/05 03:40 AM
Kristin940

Reged: 05/04/05
Loc: Massachusetts

Hey Cyndy,
Im sorry to hear about your C. I can totally relate to your feelings, and completely empathize with you. As hard as it is, I do believe that your body reacts to your frustration and it just causes all those muscles to contract further and hold things in. I try to drink lots of water and soothing herbal teas, ginger is always helpful to speed up the system. Try, too, to have some oatmeal and make sure you have plenty of IF veggies and fruits (with SF, of course). If you stray from eating enough or don't have enough fiber, it will only worsen the C.

You could also call your doctor and ask for some suggestions on what he might recommend you do. I hope you feel better soon!

Kristen

Re: I'm so constipated tonight! new
      #190062 - 06/29/05 06:43 AM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

When I get truly miserable (like you are), I take just a little bit of Milk of Magnesium to get things moving. (I know, it's not something that should be taken on a regular basis, but when I'm desperate, it sure helps!)

Also, drink lots of VERY WARM water (almost hot) with lemon juice. This should relax your colon and will sometimes get things moving.

Good luck! I know that feeling---and it is miserable.

Ruchie new
      #190363 - 06/29/05 06:56 PM
Cyndy

What kind of magnesium do you take? And how many mg a day? I do take a chelated Magnesium--- 500mg day. Maybe I need more?

I need to try and drink more, now that it is so hot and I'm probably losing more through sweating. And I've been under stress too....but I always feel stress, even when there is nothing to stress about. I just can't seem to relax, even with medication.

Thanks Kristin new
      #190365 - 06/29/05 07:01 PM
Cyndy

I never thought of ginger as making me have BMs. I thought it was just for nausea. And why does Oatmeal help C? It seems so dense and like it would sit in me like a brick. I know it is good soluble fiber...but seems so heavy.

So stressing over being so constipated is actually making my muscles work against me? What a crazy cycle. It's hard to relax when your worried your never going to have a BM again! And hard to eat too...hard to keep putting things in when nothing is coming out...Seems like you should stop "filling the tank" when it is over flowing!

Never done yoga or hypno new
      #190367 - 06/29/05 07:05 PM
Cyndy

I can't seem to get my body to relax to that point. I have a very high level of anxiety.

It is so hot in my apartment that I've only been taking cold showers! The thought of sitting in a hot tub is too much...but it does make the tummy feel better.

It's hard to make peace with a body that is causing me such distress. My body is not my friend. In fact, it has become the enemy. This is not good!

How much lemon do you add? new
      #190368 - 06/29/05 07:07 PM
Cyndy

Isn't the citric acid hurtful to the tummy? Have you tried this yourself BL?

I think I'm gonna have to make sure I have some MOM in the house for painful emergency situations. How often do you think it is safe to take this? I would be very cautious with it, so don't worry. Only for painful emergencies! Better than wanting to crawl in a hole and die!

Re: Thanks Kristin new
      #190446 - 06/30/05 05:57 AM
Kristin940

Reged: 05/04/05
Loc: Massachusetts

Hi Cyndy,
Whenever I get constipated, it is so hard to put food into my system given the intense swelling and pressure. But, I know that makes the C even worse so oatmeal-at least for me-is very mushy, is a good way to fuel my body and "coat" my tummy. Also, soups are another good way to keep yourself fed so your system has something to move along.

I hope you are feeling somewhat better!

Take care,
Kristen

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 519 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2065

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review