All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
I think the heat here is a trigger for me.
      #182323 - 05/31/05 04:51 PM
Amy1973

Reged: 09/17/04
Loc: Mesa,AZ

I've been pretty stable since I found Heather diet this last Aug.

It hit a 109 I think the lowest was a 105 last week, We'll I had one of the worst attack ever last week.

It's been 98* since Friday and I'm fine now.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

It's totally possible! new
      #182332 - 05/31/05 05:27 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

Temperature is definitely a trigger for a lot of people. Thankfully, it doesn't get THAT hot here, but even during what summer heat we do get, I find that fans, A/C, and LOTS of water are my friends - it's common sense, but it helps with IBS, too.

Conversely, I have problems with the -20 or more that we get here during the winter. It's always something!

Glad you're feeling better!

Re: I think the heat here is a trigger for me. new
      #182336 - 05/31/05 05:35 PM
pulse

Reged: 05/24/05
Loc: sw ohio

this is the 2nd thread i've seen on a heat connection. i find this very 'interesting:'

i live in the midwest, where may thru oct. (high 70s-80s-90s) it's often not just too hot (above 75 is too hot for me), but WAY too humid. 5 or 6 out of the last 8 yrs, my depression has recurred full force, during these 'summer' months, despite being on or adjusting my depression medication/s. i am now wondering if part of that is ibs being worse, also. had never before put this 2 + 2 together.

does anyone know why heat and/or humidity bothers some of us so much?

btw, i see you're from AZ. i lived in NM awhile back, and the weather there was much more tolerable (same no humidity BUT great gusty winds/ lower temps) than on our trips to visit folks in AZ. sorry for your attack. i feel for ya!

the only thing that makes a dent for me is staying inside in the a/c and doing my errands at night. what a way to 'live.' do you have any strategies that help you?

I live in KS and the heat & humidity can bother me too new
      #182338 - 05/31/05 05:39 PM
kshsmom

Reged: 11/20/03

Anything that puts stress on your body can upset your IBS. The heat and humidity here really stresses out my system -- it overheats me -- and therefore puts my whole body under stress. I'll get headaches too -- sometimes I have troubles with dehydration... I try to stay inside when it's hottest -- I carry those water bottle spritzers with fans -- and I drink tons.

Edited by kshsmom (05/31/05 05:40 PM)

I can relate! new
      #182370 - 05/31/05 07:51 PM
Passanie

Reged: 04/28/04
Loc: Fresno, CA

I live in Central California and have a good 3.5 months of 95-degree temps ahead of me. It totally triggers IBS. I'm so miserable when it's 100+ degrees out and I turn into a raging PMS times 10 cranky you know what. Yeah, that kind of stress might trigger IBS. Thank god for air conditioning and movie theaters (and dry heat!)

Hot hot weather gives me D every time... new
      #182409 - 06/01/05 03:59 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

...but I'm so used to that now that I just pop an Immodium as soon as it's gets that hot.

Re: Hot hot weather gives me D every time... new
      #182493 - 06/01/05 09:23 AM
Amy1973

Reged: 09/17/04
Loc: Mesa,AZ

I try to avoid the heat as much as possible. Sometimes I just can't. I'm a receptionist for an RV dealership. Part of my job is to take pics of the RV's and put them on our website. Seeing as they have no a/c. I try to get out in the morning to take the pictures but, my schedule doesn't always allow me to. Sometimes customers want pictures of the units they're buying emailed to them too. So I guess I'll just have to try and stay as cool as possible.

Re: Hot hot weather, D and Nausea new
      #182583 - 06/01/05 01:06 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

When the heat is on, I put myself on a very constipating diet!
I keep Immodium handy, too. Heat gives me D! Heat is quite stressful in general, so I generally stay as cool as possible. I also keep Pedialyte/Gastrolyte handy, too.

I find also that I am intensely NAUSEATED when the heat is on and eating a very bland diet, low fiber grain based diet really helps as well as staying well hydrated. Tons of room temperature herbal teas!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 634 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 940

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review