Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Help with Risotto Recipes
      #60138 - 04/11/04 05:04 PM
Vicam

Reged: 02/24/04
Loc: Ontario, Canada

Hello!
i'm hoping someone can help me with risotto recipes. I've gotten a few off the boards and I have two questions.
First, what's arborio rice? Can you just use white rice?
Second, do you cook the rice first and then add it in or is it un-cooked rice that you add to the mix?
Sorry if these are stupid questions, I just really don't know.
Thanks!
Kelly

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Help with Risotto Recipes new
      #60163 - 04/11/04 07:12 PM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

Hey there... I have a funny story about arborio rice. So my husband wanted to make risotto for us and was looking everywhere in the grocery store for some. He couldn't find it. Then, suddenly, around Christmas it must have become omni-present because EVERYBODY bought some for him for Christmas. He got about four pounds of the stuff. Needless to say, we're still set. Anyway, he says that you need to find the Arborio for the texture and liquid absorption. We get ours at our grocery store... in the bulk aisle. I know you can also buy it at Williams Sonoma if you're feeling fancy.

#60323 - 04/12/04 10:15 AM
Vicam

Reged: 02/24/04
Loc: Ontario, Canada

THanks for the reply! Hopefully I can find some somewhere. Does anyone know thought if it needs to be cooked or not? For example, in most of the risotto recipes it calls for 2 cups (let's say) of rice, but I don't know if it cooks once you put it in with the other stuff or if that should be 2 cups cooked rice.
Hoping someone can help me out, I'm truly clueless in the kitchen.
Kelly

#60333 - 04/12/04 10:23 AM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

I think you want two cups uncooked rice, so you end up with enough for several people. Two cups cooked would be a really small amount of finished product.

Let me know how it comes out... as I said, my husband's been trying to successfully make risotto for awhile but he always does something wrong... one time it came out both chewy and crunchy and rubbery all at once!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 125 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1787

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review