All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
all about tea
      #5617 - 04/10/03 03:30 AM
TessLouise

Reged: 01/21/03
Loc: Nashville, TN

I have three different "digestive aid" teas and was wondering how many there really were so I began compiling a list and figured I'd post it here (I'm not procrastinating writing a paper, nooo...). If there are more out there please do post them--:

Celestial Seasonings Honey Peach Ginger Wellness Tea (Ginger, Peppermint, Chamomile, Natural peach and honey flavors with other natural flavors, Rosehips, Roasted chicory root, Stevia leaves)

Celestial Seasonings Tummy Mint Wellness Tea (Peppermint, Chamomile, Fennel, Licorice root, Natural mint extract) (I have this one)

Good Earth Tea for Digestion (Anise seed, Fennel seed, Peppermint leaf, Licorice root, Boldo leaf, Yarrow herb)

Traditional Medicinals Classic Chamomile

Traditional Medicinals Eater's Digest (Peppermint leaf, Sweet fennel seed, Ginger rhizome, Rose hip, Papaya leaf, Alfalfa leaf, Cinnamon bark)

Traditional Medicinals Ginger Aid (Ginger rhizome, Blackberry leaf, Stevia leaf, Natural lemon flavor) (I have this one)

Traditional Medicinals Organic Chamomile

Traditional Medicinals Organic Golden Ginger (Organic ginger rhizome, Organic German chamomile flower)

Traditional Medicinals Organic Peppermint

Yogi Ginger Tea (Organic ginger root, Organic lemon grass, Organic licorice root, Organic peppermint leaf, Organic black pepper) (I have this one)

Yogi Lemon Ginger Tea (Organic ginger root, Organic lemon grass, Lemon peel, Organic licorice root, Organic black pepper, Organic peppermint leaf, Natural lemon flavor, Ascorbic acid, Natural licorice flavor)

Yogi Raspberry Ginger Tea (Organic ginger root, Organic hibiscus flower, Organic licorice root, Organic peppermint leaf, Organic black pepper, Natural berry flavor, Ascorbic acid)

Yogi Stomach Ease Tea (Organic licorice root, Organic cardamom seed, Organic fennel seed, Organic coriander seed, Organic peppermint leaf, Organic ginger root, Organic black pepper, Barley malt)

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: all about tea new
      #5632 - 04/10/03 05:55 AM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

Stash Peppermint Tea (Oregon pepprmint leaves)

Celestial Seasonings Echinacea Complete Care (good for colds and your tummy too--Echinacea is also said to reduce mucus growth) (Peppermint leaves, licorice root, roasted chicory root, natural menthol extract, lavendar flowers, stevia leaves, and star anise).

Alvita Fennel Seed (no ingredients listed that I can find).

I'm quite impressed with the teas you listed--I've never even heard of some of them! How do you find the Yogi teas--do you enjoy them? Also, I've yet to try a ginger tea--any you specifically recommend? Thanks for the list--it's super! Have a great day--and get going on that paper you're not procrastinating from...

What's the paper on...I miss those days...?

Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

#5643 - 04/10/03 08:46 AM
tnchawk

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: New Ken, PA

You can buy the Yogi tea at Vitaminshoppe.com or go to Yogitea.com & you can get free samples! They are GREAT! I have both the ginger and the stomach ease. Also a good tea is Alvita Peppermint/Papaya. You can find that at health food stores. Tea is AWESOME! Works wonders!

--------------------
What if the Hokey Pokey is what it's all about???

#5646 - 04/10/03 08:53 AM
britsarah

Reged: 02/16/03
Loc: United Kingdom

Can anyone recommend an all-time favourite to start with? I've tried peppermint and couldn't really drink it (toothpaste taste!!!) but am getting bored with water, water, water....
I don't have easy access to a good health food store - half an hour's drive away - but the supermarket do the usual fruit teas, camomile etc
Sarah

--------------------
Sarah

Looking for inspiration...

#5657 - 04/10/03 10:10 AM
tnchawk

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: New Ken, PA

A digestive tea is usually a good start as it has alot of the different things recommended in it ( licorice, fennel, peppermint, papaya, ginger,etc.) There is one from Traditional Medicinals and Yogi Tea that are both very good. The trick is to let hem steep, COVERED, for about 5 or 10 mins so you get the full effect. Enjoy!

--------------------
What if the Hokey Pokey is what it's all about???

Re: all about tea - question??? new
      #5696 - 04/10/03 03:34 PM
SharonMello

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Groveland, CA

TL - isn't is expensive to buy the teas in bags? It's much cheaper buying it by the pound at health food stores, but I don't know if they have the selection you're used to.

Sharon

--------------------
Sharon
"Anything Chocolate"...that is all!

Re: Peppermint Tea new
      #5697 - 04/10/03 03:41 PM
ConcreteAngel

Reged: 02/12/03
Loc: New Jersey,USA

I just wanted every one to know that PEPPERMINT TEA KICKS BUTT!....... ::::waits for a silent reaction:::::.......that is all

--------------------
-Angela
Healed in Jesus' Name

ginger tea/anthropology paper new
      #5712 - 04/10/03 07:07 PM
TessLouise

Reged: 01/21/03
Loc: Nashville, TN

Both ginger teas that I have are quite spicy (my mom bought them for me) and when they're gone, I think I'll stick to the mint or fennel flavored teas. But candied ginger does work against nausea--my family has always used it--we've not had a bottle of Pepto-Bismol in the house ever.

As for the paper, it's a maximum of 6 pages on the relative ease of life in hunter-gatherer societies (we have to refute an ignorant editorial that ran in a local paper). It was due on Tuesday and I've GOT to get it done tonight or I can't work tomorrow--and I REALLY need the money.

I can't wait to be done with school!!!

Re: ginger tea/anthropology paper new
      #5713 - 04/10/03 08:18 PM
Snow for Sarala

TessLouise,

Good luck with the paper! I actually miss writing papers (I was an English major)...but taking tests I can do without!

I bought the Celestial Seasonings Honey Peach Ginger tea today--and I agree, it's spicy! I'm interested in candied ginger--what is that and how/where do you get it?

I hope your paper goes really well...if you want an editor let me know

-<3-
Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Re: Peppermint Tea Angela new
      #5714 - 04/10/03 08:20 PM
Snow for Sarala

LOL You crack me UP!

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 251 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5961

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review