All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Quiche Lorraine
      #373529 - 01/31/17 09:09 AM
Sassie

Reged: 07/02/13
Loc: The Netherlands, Europe

Can some one help me with an IBS- quiche Lorraine?
I don't know how to make this IBS friendly.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Quiche Lorraine new
      #373530 - 01/31/17 11:20 AM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

Ohhhh, it's rare that there is a recipe that's going to be darn near impossible to make IBS friendly, but this might be one.

You'd have to use non-dairy subs for milk/cream, and all egg whites intead of whole eggs, and make a low fat crust as well. If there is bacon in there you'd need to sub a low fat turkey or soy bacon.

For the cheese, you'd need a non-dairy version as well.

I'm not sure this would end up tasting much at all like the real thing, and the texture would also be a big issue because you're dropping the fat content so much. If there is a lot of cheese in the recipe, swapping it all out for a non dairy version will definitely change the texture.

There is also no soluble fiber in quiche at all - you'd probably want to try to add some by whisking in tummy fiber to the liquids.

I'm not sure I'd attempt this - it might come out, might not. If there are any other recipe options aside from quiche that might be the better way to go.

XXOO
Heather

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Re: Quiche Lorraine new
      #373531 - 01/31/17 12:32 PM
Sassie

Reged: 07/02/13
Loc: The Netherlands, Europe

Thanks for your reply Heather.
I think I'll skip this one. I'll look for something else.

I wanted to make this for lunch for some friends (ibs-friendly) but I guess I'll go for the Crab-corn soup or something. Totally different but hey.. it's IBS-friendly.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 443 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4883

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review