Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
A new cream substitute
      #330195 - 05/25/08 11:52 PM
cloudygirl

Reged: 05/22/03
Loc: Washington

Hi everyone,
I haven't been here in a long time. The other day I was searching the web for non-dairy ice cream recipes when I came across mimiccreme.com. It's a dairy, soy and gluten free cream substitute that you can use in anything.
I am waiting for my order to come in. They have 3 varieties. Unsweetened, sweetened and sugar-free. The sugar free does not contain aspartame.

Has anyone tried it? I can't wait to see how it tastes! I'll share my view of it once it arrives.

Cloudy girl

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: A new cream substitute new
      #330219 - 05/26/08 03:12 PM
Aly

Reged: 08/16/04
Loc: Columbus, Ohio

the artificial sweetener in that is: erthiritol. Here is what I found about it on wikipedia:
As a whole, erythritol is generally free of side-effects in regular use, but if consumed in very extreme quantities (sometimes encouraged by its almost non-caloric nature), effectively consuming it faster than one's body can absorb it, a laxative effect may result. The laxative response does not begin until you cross your body's natural absorption threshold, which is the point at which you have ingested more erythritol than is found in reasonable servings of food products and is usually a larger amount than most people will eat in a single sitting. Erythritol, when compared with other sugar alcohols, is also much more difficult for intestinal bacteria to digest, so it is unlikely to cause gas or bloating [5], unlike maltitol, sorbitol, or lactitol.

Now, even though it says it isn't as bad as the other artificial sweeteners, us IBSers can really feel the effects worse. Be careful with the sugar free one!

The regular one looks great though!

--------------------
IBS-A

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 120 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2067

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review