All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Green Forest (Broccoli) sauce
      #214477 - 09/19/05 06:57 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

I don't know what to call this sauce, but it's basically broccoli and not for the phobic or faint of heart! I always think those flowerets look like little trees, so I'll call it my "Green Forest sauce."

GREEN FOREST SAUCE

Ingredients:

--2 bunches broccoli/about a kilo--flowerets only.
--as much garlic as you dare! (I used a bulb)
--lots of fresh basil, i.e. a cup or more.
--sea salt
--fresh lemon: optional garnish

Instructions:

1.) Steam broccoli, garlic, and basil leaves in pot with minimal water. Sprinkle with sea salt.
2.) Drain.
3.) Mash like potatoes with a potatoe masher.
4.) Food process until creamy and smooth, stirring a few times.

Uses: Pasta sauce. Omelette filling. Broccoli patties, i.e. with potatoe or rice. Perogie filling. Fish/chicken sauce. Potatoe/rice topping. Tortilla filling. Baked tortilla dip. Mushroom sauce/stuffing. Use your imagination. It's very versatile, but warning: not for the faint of heart. It's actually not bad plain, or with pita/chapati. Wonderful tomatoe stuffer.

Note: You might want to add a little fresh lemon juice for a little natural complimentary tartness. I highly recommend this.

Kate.

Edited by Wind (09/20/05 11:03 AM)

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Green Forest sauce new
      #214524 - 09/20/05 01:26 AM
vanillabean

Reged: 09/09/05
Loc: Mississippi

Kate, first I have to laugh at the name so funny but so true! its cute!!
do you find you can tolerate brocoli better when its pureed like this in a sauce? I cannot digest it well "whole trees". sounds yummy!

--------------------
~Jennifer~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
wedding date- May 20th, 2006!

#214629 - 09/20/05 09:26 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

You forgot to add...."a few drops of liquid Beano" to the list of ingrediants!! LOL Other then that..it sounds really good.... I wonder how it would taste in place of pizza sauce? maybe with chicken and soy cheese or no cheese....what else could you put on a Green Forest Pizza? hehehe

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Re: Green Forest sauce/Shell new
      #214681 - 09/20/05 11:02 AM
Wind

Beano or enzymes or Gas-X if your sensitive to broccoli would ease one's mind. I won't touch the stuff unless it's been in the food processor! (That's like being sent to the Gas Chamber!) Lol! Actually it would be wicked as a pizza sauce. Maybe put some shrimp on top? A little arugula for a peppery bite? Some fresh cilantro? Delicious! Oh, how could I forget THE MUSHROOMS!!! Maybe shitake? Yes...this is the type of broccoli based pizza that will make you have quite a [censored]-take! Red pepper, if it works for you would be a nice complimentary colour! I'd go heavy on the 'shrooms.

Don't laugh too hard, but I actually consumed 2 broccoli stalks, yesterday.

Kate.

#214690 - 09/20/05 11:10 AM
Wind

Yes, pureed, those trees are no problem! Ditto for cauliflower. Ditto for asparagus. Ditto for yellow/green beans. Most pureed things, if they are pureed, are no problem. It's very very filling though. Must be the fiber.

SF or SF supplement really helps, of course. Digestive enzymes take any qualm of stress away from my mind, too. Note: I'd eat this and have eaten this without an enzyme without a problem.

Yes, broccoli are definitly little trees! I love making veggie sundaes with this stuff. A scoop of broccoli, a scoop of cauliflower, etc. etc. I think you get the picture!

Kate.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 204 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5068

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review