All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Mexican Cassarole
      #19549 - 09/03/03 04:50 PM
Jennifer Rose

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: Fremont, CA

I was trying to think of what to make for dinner tonight when I remembered this really really easy recipe:

Mexican Cassarole

1 lb of cooked shredded chicken or ground turkey
1 box of prepared Mexican Rice
1 16 oz can of diced tomatoes
1 16 oz can of vegetable of your choice

Take all ingredients and mix together in a large pot on stove over medium heat until cassarole is hot. Serve with mozerella or cheddar soy cheese melted on top.

Not sure on the exact amount of portions, but there is a lot so you will have tons of leftovers!

I always use corn in the recipe, but know that some people can't eat corn. I would imagine that green peppers, onions, and zucchini would be good too. I've also never tried it with the turkey, but the original recipe that my mom used to use all the time had ground beef in it so I'm assuming you can use any meat product.

And I used to sprinkle mozerella chese on top and melt it in the microwave before IBS, but now I just sprinkle chedder soy cheese and it's just as good! Not sure if they make mozerella soy cheese.

For non-IBSers in your family, have them try it with sour cream!

--------------------
- Jennifer

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Mexican Cassarole new
      #129652 - 12/10/04 04:35 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Oh, yes they do make a mozerella soy cheese.... and it will go very nicely on this.... UUmm.... more comfort food!! Thanks Jen!!

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

#130159 - 12/13/04 09:45 AM
AnneV

Reged: 06/10/04

What kind of rice is prepared mexican rice?? Anne

#258135 - 04/13/06 10:38 PM
czukster

Reged: 04/07/06

They do make soy mozzarella. I just found it and had my first "real" pizza in years.

OMG, this is SO GOOD!!! new
      #302490 - 03/18/07 03:29 PM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

I had some leftover turkey to use up (cleaning out my freezer too Sand! lol I actually made the turkey back in Dec and pulled it out today) and found this when I did a search.

So I used Mexican Rice instead of the prepared Mexican Rice, and just added everything else in when it was finished. I used a can of corn, because I was tired of looking at it in my cupboard. I was going to, then I wasn't, but then ended up adding it anyway (like anyone needed to know that much information, but oh well! lol) a can of black beans. Yes, I know I'm asking for trouble, but with the soluble from the beans and the rice and the 1 Tbsp of Acacia I added to it, I'm taking my chances. I also had both mozzarella and cheddar rice shreds so I used both on top.

And, it is so good!!! This recipe is definitely making it to the binder!

made a slight change new
      #303236 - 03/27/07 04:53 AM
kamikat

Reged: 11/17/06

I used Boca crumbles and added a packet of "taco seasoning" to the crumbles before adding everything else. I used a can of creamed corn for the veggie. To kick it up for the family, I served theirs on a bed of tortilla chips and topped with shredded cheese, sour cream and guacamole. The kids said it was the best nachos ever!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 104 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 14003

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review