Cooking time: 20 minutes

1 teaspoon olive oil
2 1/2 cups chopped leek
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 1/2 cups coarsely chopped tomato
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1/2 cup dry white wine
4 (6-ounce) skinned salmon fillets (about 1 inch thick)
1/2 teaspoon dried or 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh dill

Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add leek; sauté 3 minutes. Add garlic; sauté 2 minutes. Add tomato, salt, and pepper; sauté 2 minutes. Add wine and salmon; sprinkle with dill, and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 8 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Serve with roasted potatoes.

Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 fillet and 1/2 cup leek mixture)

CALORIES 259 (35% from fat); FAT 10g (satfat 1.5g, monofat 3.7g, polyfat 3.7g); PROTEIN 28.1g; CARBOHYDRATE 13.8g; FIBER 1.7g; CHOLESTEROL 73mg; IRON 2.9mg; SODIUM 227mg; CALCIUM 68mg;
Cooking Light, SEPTEMBER 1996

leeks and salmon or cod and fennel
I am sure canned tomatoes would work here-especially in winter.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Wow... I have to get cooking with all these great new ideas!! -nt- new
      #118681 - 11/03/04 03:31 PM
Kree

Reged: 10/08/03
Loc: Northern NY

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

yum this was really good! new
      #119411 - 11/05/04 04:17 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

I served it with roast potatoes but there is so much sauce, that is leeks and tomatoes, that it might be better over rice, pasta, couscous or something like that. I used 1 can diced tomatoes and a little fresh dill with ample salt and pepper. The tartness of the tomato and leek really worked well with the richness of the salmon. Definitely a winner and I would bet it tastes better than the Rachael Ray one with cod and fennel.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

bumping this because new
      #129781 - 12/11/04 06:12 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

I am totally enamored with this recipe. It is so easy! You chop up the leeks, throw in a pan, cut a large salmon fillet into servings sizes. Add a can of diced tomatoes (with roasted garlic is nice). Then add the wine and salmon. Season with ample salt and pepper and a little dill. Serve over linguini and have bread on the side. It takes like 25 minutes tops!

--------------------

This is wonderful! new
      #369145 - 02/01/13 03:14 PM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

I made this last night. I used one large leek which made a generous 2 cups of chopped leeks. I used a 14 ounce can of diced tomatoes with roasted garlic *and* I used the minced garlic called for in the recipe. I drained the canned tomatoes but not super-dry.

Since I was making this with only two 6-ounce pieces of salmon, I put half the dill in with the tomatoes and sprinkled the other half on the salmon pieces.

I started the water boiling before I began the salmon dish. When the salmon went in, I put the linguine in the water and ten minutes later both were done to perfection.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

Sand! How wonderful to see you again! Hope you are well! -nt- new
      #369147 - 02/01/13 03:50 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Thanks, Heather. Very well, thank you -nt new
      #369201 - 02/16/13 03:49 PM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 138 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 11610

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review