All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)
Tell Us....What Where You Doing At This Time 5 Years Ago? -nt-
      #67414 - 05/04/04 01:20 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Tell Us....What Where You Doing At This Time 5 Years Ago? -nt- new
      #67415 - 05/04/04 01:23 PM
geminimcm

Reged: 03/12/04

5 years ago....I was 17 and just about to graduate high school. Still living with my mom and step-dad. NO boyfriend at the time. NO IBS...

#67418 - 05/04/04 01:29 PM
TammyLaurendi

Reged: 09/16/03
Loc: Western New York

Almost 35 and starting a new job which I later decided I hated and found something else later. I just agreed to have a "date" with a very good friend of mine who will be my husband for 5 years in October. My daughter was still a little girl! Had IBS with no clue what was going on.

--------------------
Peace,
Tammy

#67420 - 05/04/04 01:32 PM
Shell Marr

OK MAY 1999........

Let me see....that was 1-1/2 years after 8 year relationship ended. I had been with Shane for almost 3 months. I was working for a paper & plastics company as a customer service rep...(HATEING EVERY MINUTE OF IT) And had my resume out everywhere! I was driving from work to Shanes place EVERY DAY after work (20 mins), staying the night.... getting up and driving home (30 mins away) to feed the cats, shower, & dress just to drive (45 mins in rush hour) back to work!! I tell ya...the things you do for love! LOL

I was taking Metabolife at the time (I know BAD GIRL)... I was loosing weight like crazy but was always sick to my stomach. I was eating like a bird and drinking water like it was going out of style. Would shake all the time and could not fall sleep for hours. I finally stopped taking that in 2002 just before the wedding...... and blew up like a balloon.....go figure!

How about you?

--------------------

Customer Service new
      #67424 - 05/04/04 01:49 PM
peaches

Reged: 09/28/03
Loc: Fort Wayne, Indiana

Quote:

I was working for a paper & plastics company as a customer service rep...(HATING EVERY MINUTE OF IT) And had my resume out everywhere!

My mom is customer service rep and she abolutely HATES her job as well!! She answers about 150 calls (each is maybe 15-20 minutes long?) and she's completely exhausted when she gets home! She's searching everywhere for a new job, and unfortunately our town's ecomonical status is at a drastic low! So no luck yet....you got out of that job now, right? I hope so!!

--------------------
It comes down to the art of living on [color/red]

Re: Tell Us....What Where You Doing At This Time 5 Years Ago? new
      #67429 - 05/04/04 01:56 PM
Jennifer Rose

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: Fremont, CA

5 years ago.. dangit, that's math.. hmm.. I was 17 yrs old (same as Melissa!).

I was a junior in my new high school - the one that I begged my mom to let me go to because all my friends were there. I had been with my boyfriend for 2 years (and had another 2 years to go!) and probably cut more classes than I attended.. bad girl. I had also been working at Ross as a sales clerk for a year and was pretty much doing assistant manager work for a sales clerk's pay.

- Jennifer

--------------------
- Jennifer

Re: Customer Service new
      #67433 - 05/04/04 01:59 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Quote:

I was working for a paper & plastics company as a customer service rep...(HATING EVERY MINUTE OF IT) And had my resume out everywhere!

My mom is customer service rep and she abolutely HATES her job as well!! She answers about 150 calls (each is maybe 15-20 minutes long?) and she's completely exhausted when she gets home! She's searching everywhere for a new job, and unfortunately our town's ecomonical status is at a drastic low! So no luck yet....you got out of that job now, right? I hope so!!

Yes, I was REALLY "jack of all trades" but only got the title and pay of customer service. I did all customer service, purchase & recieving.... worked 10-12 hour days will NO LUNCH..... it was CRAZY... I was the go to girl. I loved my job for the 1st couple of years but then we merged with another company, got a new owner,.... he did not know how to run a business... so he got into trouble money wise and then started letting everyone go.... he kept me, I took at many positions and got ZERO pay increase!! (*note: he is out of business now and lost his home over it) IDIOT!! I started the job I'm at now in July 1st 1999!

--------------------

#67435 - 05/04/04 02:02 PM
peaches

Reged: 09/28/03
Loc: Fort Wayne, Indiana

I had just recently moved to Fort Wayne from Atlanta (formerly a small town in Tennessee) and I was being made fun of constantly for my accent! I was going to speech class regularly to correct so that I could speak with a "proper" American accent lol! But it worked. My new school was horrible and nobody really liked me except for one person, who was my best friend for the next 3 years. My mom had just married my (now ex) stepdad and I had gained 2 stepbrothers. They later had my little sister, Bailey.

It was hard, but now I'm at a better point in my life and I can't wait to see what's up for me next!

--------------------
It comes down to the art of living on [color/red]

#67441 - 05/04/04 02:14 PM
gigi

Reged: 03/21/04
Loc: South Texas

At 42, I was helping my son (22) take care of a toddler and baby. He was going through a divorce, going for custody of the boys. He was working constantly trying to feed, clothe, pay bills and make a home for these babies. Many nights he would come by, read to the boys and put them in bed, he had to get up at 4:30am to drive to work, the long drive home put him there so late that most of the time, I had those boys in the bed waiting for him to come and see them. On the weekends he had them at home and took care of them. AT a time when I thought I was through raising my family, I had 2 little ones with me all of the time, I was the cheif cook, bottlewasher, I took them to the DR. when theyw ere sick, the little one suffered with asthma terribly. But we survivied!!Thank God, and many answered prayers later, he is remarried and they have a small child together. My grandbabies now have a mom who loves them and considers them her own. I also had a son in college and living at home, I was a blithering idiot. Seldom having time to do anything for myself and worrying for my oldest son and the direction his life was going. Taking care of these small children day in and day out wore me down. At the time my IBS was in remission, now it controls me and every move and thought I make. It was a very difficult time for my husband and myself, our son needed us and we did everything in our power to help him out.

Now, I look back on it and wonder how I survivied physically, my health has not been the greatest these last 5 years.

I am working on my diet, at least now I know what to eat and what not to eat. I am blessed with a very loving husband and family, they all try their best to help me and cook food that wont hurt me.

Now as I look at myself and think IT IS MY TURN!! I am determined to be the victor over this IBS thing. One way or another, I will.

-------------

Dont tell God how big the storm is, tell the storm how big your God is !!!!

OH BOY. new
      #67446 - 05/04/04 02:27 PM
jenX

Reged: 08/11/03
Loc: Richmond, VA

wow. 5 years ago i was living in a crappy apartment that smelled. living above a woman who kept getting in "call the cops" kinds of fights with her.... ok, for lack of a better word let's go with "boyfriend." apparently before i moved in, some dude had thrown a molatov cocktail at the house, which subsequently caught on fire. (yet she wasn't evicted!?) while i was living there, she and her "boyfriend" got in a fight that ended up with her shooting him in the foyer. (i had been at work with the dog, and came home to a foyer full of blood and no idea how it got there.) she got evicted at that point, even though she was in jail for a while. she was only back for 3 days and REALLY manic and fired up. she had a loud religious meeting every night with a group of people who came over and screamed and yelled and sang. guess she was "saved" in jail. she moved out after those 3 days, thank goodness!

i was working as a Hospital Manager for a national veterinary company that shall remain nameless. i didn't have IBS yet- that would have been the next year. the hospital i worked for was run by an a**hole and when he sold the hospital to the nat'l company he stayed as Medical Director. it was way in the boonies and i had to drive 45 minutes to and from. about this time i started developing a rash every morning on the drive to work. (stress much?) the people were stupid and angry, and most of the clients either brought in "huntin' dogs" that they wanted to euthanize instead of treat, even for the most mild things (i can't even imagine how many dogs just got shot out in the yard), or they were Washington DC people with vicious pitbulls they had snuck over to our hospital because pitbulls are illegal in DC. i was to remain in this job 'til November, when i got transferred (at my INSISTENCE) to a slightly better situation.

i was dating and living with a perfectly nice boy i was no longer in love with but too confused to leave even though we made each other miserable. (he's still a friend and is getting married in 3 weeks! yay!)

and that about sums it up! (thank goodness that's in the past!)

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1280 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 15551

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review